As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Soft and chewy blondies studded with chocolate chips and mini Cadbury creme egg halves make for a delightful Easter dessert!
Perhaps my favorite candy of all time is the Cadbury Creme Egg. I’ve been known to hide them after Easter just so I can find one months later and enjoy the melt in your mouth chocolate surrounding the gooey creme inside of the egg.
It might be because they are only out one time of year or it could be that they hold a certain nostalgia for me but whatever the case I can’t go an Easter season without enjoying a few of these chocolate Easter sweets. I’ve been even more excited since the mini creme eggs came out because now I can enjoy one after my dinner every night and not feel guilty about it.
In the past I’ve made several desserts that include these Cadbury Creme Eggs. I’ve made a creme egg stuffed croissant and I’ve made creme egg brownies. I tried making cupcakes one year but they didn’t turn out the best. Now I’m back this year to try and make another decadent Cadbury Creme Egg dessert.
This time around I’m making Cadbury Creme Egg Blondies. I’ve been in the mood for a sweet for the last few weeks and now that Easter is getting close I decided it was time to use my precious creme eggs in a dessert that would be great for Easter.
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- mini Cadbury creme eggs
- sprinkles (optional)
Making these is just like making a traditional blondie. First I mixed the flour, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl. Then I creamed together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar in another bowl.
I whisked the egg and vanilla into the sugar mixture. Then I combined the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mixed well.
Finally I folded in the chocolate chips and the chopped creme eggs. Then I sprinkled the top with pastel sprinkles. I gently spread them into the prepared pan and baked them until the top was golden brown.
These Cadbury creme egg blondies are so freaking good! The blondie itself is sweet and chewy with a lot of buttery flavor. The chocolate chips add a delicious flavor and the creme eggs just burst in your mouth. It’s truly the perfect Easter dessert.
Want to try more yummy Cadbury creme egg desserts?
Do I have to use the mini Cadbury creme eggs?
No you don’t. You can use the big ones but they are a lot messier to chop up. The minis you can chop into three pieces and the creme middle doesn’t spread all over the place.
Do I have to use chocolate chips?
You don’t have to but if you are only using the creme eggs your blondies won’t have a ton of chocolate flavor. If you are simply looking for another flavor you could use butterscotch, caramel, or peanut butter chips.
What if I don’t have both brown sugar and granulated sugar?
No problem. You can use one or the other. I prefer a mix of the two but if you only have one in your house use it!
Why is it called a blondie and not a cookie?
A blondie really is just a cookie bar. So if you wanted to you could call these cookie bars. It’s simply a cookie put in a pan that gets cut into a square or rectangle shape.
Do I have to use sprinkles?
Of course not. The sprinkles simply add a little bit of festive color to the blondies but they aren’t necessary.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- Make sure to pull out the blondies when the edges begin turning golden brown. It may look like they aren’t totally cooked but ass long as the center isn’t jiggling they will be fine.
- You can certainly use Cadbury caramel eggs or Cadbury chocolate creme eggs in this recipe but I really do think that the classic creme filled eggs work best.
- Spread the batter into a cookie cake pan then decorate with frosting for a fun Easter cookie cake!
If you’ve tried my Cadbury Cream Egg Blondies or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips
- 12 mini Cadbury eggs, cut into thirds
- 3 Tablespoons sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and all but 9 of the Cadbury egg thirds.
- Spread the batter into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Press the remaining 9 Cadbury egg pieces into the top of the batter in the pan. Sprinkle with the sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the top of the blondies is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g