I host a lot of parties and gatherings because I enjoy cooking. Nothing gets my creative juices flowing like a crowd of hungry people coming over to my house. Sometimes I just serve appetizers and desserts and other times I serve entire meals.
Most of the time I feel like we do appetizers and desserts. Since I love making desserts it's no big deal for me to whip up some cupcakes, cookies, and a pie or two. I never have any trouble trying to figure out what desserts to make. Appetizers are another story. I have a ton of dip recipes that I love to make but I often feel like I'm going overboard on the cheese, bread, and crackers.
That's why I was excited about today's Fancy Appetizers with Sunday Supper. I'm always on the lookout for fancy looking, but easy to make, appetizers. In this case I wanted to make something that was semi-healthy since I often put out so much food that isn't.
So what did I end up making? These cute Caesar Salad Wonton Cups! I've had a lot of fun making wontons into cups and filling them with all sorts of delicious things but this time I put Caesar salad in them. At first I thought it might be a little weird putting a salad in an edible vessel but it actually ended up being a good idea.
I love the crunchy wonton with the salad. They are also super easy to make and only take about 20 minutes total so they are an easy appetizer. The wontons can be made the morning you need them then filled before your guests arrive. You can use your favorite Caesar salad dressing and add in whatever you want!
I baked the wontons to a crispy golden brown and while they were cooling I made my Caesar Salad. I simply tossed together romaine lettuce, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and dressing. That's it! Then I filled the cups to the top with salad and set them on a tray. They were easy to pick up and eat while mingling with guests, they are fairly healthy, and they taste great too!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 T. parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. croutons
- ¼ c. Caesar salad dressing (more or less to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the wontons in a muffin tin. Spray them with cooking spray and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the Romaine lettuce and place in a large bowl. Add in the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and Caesar salad dressing. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place several tablespoons of salad into each wonton cup and serve immediately.
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by SundaySupper
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement