This post is sponsored in conjunction with #FallFlavors Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
With tart green apple and sweet caramel flavor this Caramel Apple Sangria is sure to be a winner at any fall gathering or event.
I don’t know about you but as soon as fall hits I want everything apple and pumpkin! The weather starts cooling down, school is back in session, and it just seems like it’s a good time to start using these warmer flavors.
I’ve been trying a collection of wine and tend to have a glass or two every weekend. While I enjoy a glass of wine sometimes I want to jazz it up. That’s why I like sangria so much.
I happen to have Organic Fuji apples from Melissa’s Produce and Torani Puremade Green Apple Syrup so I thought Apple Sangria with white wine would be fun to make. I have another apple sangria on my blog but it uses red wine and just feels heavier. When I went to look for the syrup I actually found I had a bottle of Torani Puremamde caramel syrup as well and decided to turn my drink into a Caramel Apple Sangria.
To make this beverage I started with a dry white wine because I don’t like my sangria overly sweet. If you prefer a lighter and sweeter sangria use your favorite sweet white wine.
I mixed together the caramel and green apple syrup and then needed to decide on a liquor. My first thought was vodka because it’s easy to use in drinks but I ended up going with bourbon because there is just something that works with bourbon and apples. They pair nicely and the bourbon will really warm you up.
I finished by pouring in the white wine and apple pieces and letting it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. At minimum let it sit in the refrigerator 4 hours to get all the flavors blended together.
This sangria was delightful. My husband said it tasted like fall in a cup and I have to agree. Tart green apple, sweet caramel, warm bourbon, and white wine topped off with bubbly sparkling water made for the perfect fall sangria recipe.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- If you like more fruit in your sangria you can add several types of apples or throw orange slices in with the apples.
- Pour the sparkling water in only when ready to serve so that it stays bubbly. You can offer a variety of flavored sparkling water if you are having a party to add another dimension of flavor to the sangria and so it’s customizable.
- To add a little spice throw in a few cinnamon sticks before putting the sangria in the refrigerator.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Friday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Fries by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Apple Galette by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Amish Pear Crumb Pie Recipe by Blogghetti
- Apple Cider Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Upside Down Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Whiskey Sour by Cookaholic Wife
- Caramel Apple Pancakes by Lemon Blossoms
- Caramel Apple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple-Tea-Ni by Sweet Beginnings
- Fluffy Pumpkin Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Garlic and Thyme Smashed Sunchokes by Savory Moments
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake by Frugal & Fit
- Harvest Vegetable Fritters with Shrimp by Art of Natural Living
- Meyer Lemon-Lavender Vodka Martini by Books n’ Cooks
- Oaxacon Daisy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pear Fennel Sunchoke Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pear Scones with Caramel Glaze by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pistachio and Marmalade Crusted Brie with Figs by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Chicken with Sunchokes and Lemon by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic by Family Around the Table
- Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Tea Infused Apple Cider Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Almond Scones by That Recipe
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly. Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & College, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.