As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #FallFlavors Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
With tart green apple and sweet caramel flavor this Caramel Apple Sangria is sure to be a winner at any fall gathering or event.
I don’t know about you but as soon as fall hits I want everything apple and pumpkin! The weather starts cooling down, school is back in session, and it just seems like it’s a good time to start using these warmer flavors.
I’ve been trying a collection of wine and tend to have a glass or two every weekend. While I enjoy a glass of wine sometimes I want to jazz it up. That’s why I like sangria so much.
I happen to have Organic Fuji apples from Melissa’s Produce and Torani Puremade Green Apple Syrup so I thought Apple Sangria with white wine would be fun to make. I have another apple sangria on my blog but it uses red wine and just feels heavier. When I went to look for the syrup I actually found I had a bottle of Torani Puremamde caramel syrup as well and decided to turn my drink into a Caramel Apple Sangria.
To make this beverage I started with a dry white wine because I don’t like my sangria overly sweet. If you prefer a lighter and sweeter sangria use your favorite sweet white wine.
I mixed together the caramel and green apple syrup and then needed to decide on a liquor. My first thought was vodka because it’s easy to use in drinks but I ended up going with bourbon because there is just something that works with bourbon and apples. They pair nicely and the bourbon will really warm you up.
I finished by pouring in the white wine and apple pieces and letting it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours. At minimum let it sit in the refrigerator 4 hours to get all the flavors blended together.
This sangria was delightful. My husband said it tasted like fall in a cup and I have to agree. Tart green apple, sweet caramel, warm bourbon, and white wine topped off with bubbly sparkling water made for the perfect fall sangria recipe.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- If you like more fruit in your sangria you can add several types of apples or throw orange slices in with the apples.
- Pour the sparkling water in only when ready to serve so that it stays bubbly. You can offer a variety of flavored sparkling water if you are having a party to add another dimension of flavor to the sangria and so it’s customizable.
- To add a little spice throw in a few cinnamon sticks before putting the sangria in the refrigerator.
- 1/3 c. Torani Puremade Green Apple Syrup
- 1/4 c. Toraani Puremade Caramel Syrup
- 1/3 c. bourbon
- 1 (750ml) bottle of dry white wine
- 2 Fuji apples, diced
- sparkling water
- In a large pitcher combine the apple syrup, caramel syrup, and bourbon. Mix well.
- Pour in the white wine and add the apple pieces. Stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Fill a glass with ice. Fill the glass 3/4 of the way with the sangria. Top with sparkling water.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 0g
Friday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Apple Fries by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Apple Galette by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Amish Pear Crumb Pie Recipe by Blogghetti
- Apple Cider Dip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Upside Down Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Caramel Apple Whiskey Sour by Cookaholic Wife
- Caramel Apple Pancakes by Lemon Blossoms
- Caramel Apple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple-Tea-Ni by Sweet Beginnings
- Fluffy Pumpkin Dip by Take Two Tapas
- Garlic and Thyme Smashed Sunchokes by Savory Moments
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake by Frugal & Fit
- Harvest Vegetable Fritters with Shrimp by Art of Natural Living
- Meyer Lemon-Lavender Vodka Martini by Books n’ Cooks
- Oaxacon Daisy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pear Fennel Sunchoke Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pear Scones with Caramel Glaze by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pistachio and Marmalade Crusted Brie with Figs by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Chicken with Sunchokes and Lemon by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic by Family Around the Table
- Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Tea Infused Apple Cider Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Vegan Almond Scones by That Recipe