As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
I’m back into the swing of things at school with the kids into their second week of school. The first couple of weeks are always hectic. I’m not a classroom teacher so I don’t have a set schedule until a few weeks into the school year. That means last week I spent time giving my students placement tests and this week I’ve been working on putting them into groups. I’ve also had to do double duty this week because my instructional assistant in having some fun in the sun in Disney World so I’m working with all of our kids.
So in an effort to keep myself awake and energized throughout the day I made a sweet treat to bring in for the staff. Plus I wanted to bake my Bundt cake for this month’s #BundtAMonth which has a theme of baking a fancy Bundt cake for the #BundtAMonth club’s anniversary! I wasn’t quite sure what a fancy Bundt cake was until I saw a picture of the espresso cake with caramel and espresso glaze. This cake is definitely a show stopper.
The cake has a subtle espresso taste which tastes amazing with the chocolate chips and cinnamon chips baked into it. Then a caramel drizzle and an espresso drizzle finish off this cake in a beautiful design. It was rich and tasted of coffee and caramel. The perfect combination to keep me going during this hectic week. I enjoyed it with my coffee and then may have had another slice as dessert after my lunch. Yum!
Caramel Latte Bundt Cake (adapted from The Baker Chick)
8 T. butter
2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. 2 % milk
2 T. espresso powder
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c. Hershey’s chocolate chips
1/3 c. Hershey’s cinnamon chips
For the caramel glaze:
1/4 c. Smuckers caramel ice cream topping
1 c. powdered sugar
1 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
For the espresso glaze:
3 T. milk
2 t. espresso powder
1/2-1 c. powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour and brown sugar. Add in the butter and use your fingers to work the butter into the flour and sugar until it resembles sand. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
3. Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
4. In a medium bowl combine the milk, egg, espresso powder, and vanilla. Mix well and pour into the flour mixture. Mix well to combine then stir in the chocolate and cinnamon chips.
5. Pour half of the batter into the Bundt pan and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Top with remaining batter.
7. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan then carefully flip over. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
8. To make the glazes combine the ingredients for each in separate bowls. Mix using a hand mixer until desired consistency is reached. Add in more powdered sugar if the glaze needs to be thickened.
9. Pour each glaze into a zip top baggies and snip the end off. Drizzle onto the cake in a pretty pattern. Allow the glaze to harden then slice and enjoy.
- Banana-Caramel Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Caramel Latte Bundt Cake by Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate and Wine Bundt from Holly at A Baker’s House
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Devil’s Food Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Hong Kong Chiffon Mini Cakes by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Lemon Frangipane Bundt Cake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Little Bundt Pound Cakes by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Chocolate and Wine Bundt by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Bundt by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Rose Mini Bundt Cakes by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Simple Orange Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Streusel Apple Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Triple Chocolate Mini Bundts by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- White Chocolate Bundt with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sandra at Sweet Sensations