I haven't been camping in years. In my younger days my parents used to take my brother and I camping. We had the best time making a campfire, taking walks in the woods, and sleeping in a tent. I also went camping with my girl scout troop and there we used to make s'mores over the camp fire. I loved roasting the marshmallows over the fire , pressing it on the chocolate squares, and squishing it between two graham crackers. There's nothing quite like a fresh s'more.
However, you can't always have a campfire when you are craving s'mores so I wanted to find something that was just as good but that I could make in the house. Enter the S'more Cups. These little bites are awesome and only take about 10 minutes to make. It's a graham cracker crust that is baked then topped with a marshmallow, cooked for a few minutes, then topped with chocolate. They are so good when they are hot and gooey but if you let them cool they stay together better and taste delicious!
They were also perfect to #FillTheCookieJar with! This is a new group that I've joined and this month our theme is fall cookies. I think these S'more Cups are the perfect fall cookie because it's great camping and campfire weather.
S'more Cups (adapted from Texas Cottage)
7 whole graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
¼ c. powdered sugar
6 T. butter
4 Hershey bars, broken into rectangles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin pan with liners.
2. Melt the butter and then combine the butter, powdered sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Mix well.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each cup and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and use the end of a wooden spoon to make a cup in the middle of each muffin cup.
4. Place one chocolate rectangle inside of each cup. Top with half a marshmallow. Bake for 2 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and immediately place another chocolate rectangle on top of the marshmallow. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes then gently swirl the chocolate piece around on top of the marshmallow. Cool for 15 minutes then remove from pan and enjoy!