Every Saturday night I sit down and menu plan dinners for the week. I look through my cooking magazines, I scour Pinterest, and I look through the freezer to see what I have. I choose what I want to make and then I jot down a grocery list. Sunday morning I get the grocery ads, the coupons, and then I make my official grocery list.
This saves me time and money throughout the week. I only grocery shop once a week and I know what I'm having every night. This means the meat is always thawed in the refrigerator and ready to go when I want it. I don't have to scramble to find something for dinner. During the week I eat leftovers, sandwiches, or a frozen meal for lunch at work. I don't have much time and that's what is easy.
The problem comes on the weekends. I always know what we're having for dinner but when lunch time comes I stare into the refrigerator, the pantry, and the cupboards. I can never find anything I want. Part of the problem is that by Saturday there isn't much left to choose from. The other problem is I'm tired from working all week and don't want to make anything too difficult for dinner.
Last weekend when looking through the refrigerator I saw peaches, arugula, and cheese. I had a great idea for a recipe for this weekends Sunday Supper theme which is all about peaches! I also had a few focaccia rolls laying around and in my head I started building a sandwich. All I needed was some chicken. I quickly ran to the market down the road and bought a few crispy chicken strips.
I put together an amazing sandwich of crispy chicken, Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, fresh and juicy Georgia peaches, peppery arugula, and dijon mustard all on a focaccia roll. I toasted it in the oven and when it came out it smelled delicious.
The dijon added a little spice to the sandwich while the chicken was crisp. The arugula was slightly peppery and the peaches were sweet. The focaccia roll stood up to it all and offered a delicious crunch. The entire sandwich was bursting with a variety of flavors that all came together in one tasty lunch. I can't wait to make this again!
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 Georgia Peaches, thinly sliced
- 6 crispy chicken strips, cut in half
- 12 slices Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, thinly slice
- 4 focaccia rolls
- 1 c. arugula
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Split the focaccia rolls in half and place the open faced on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard on one side of each roll. Place 3 chicken strip halves on top.
- of each dijon spread focaccia roll. Place 3 slices of Dubliner cheese on top of the chicken.
- On the other side of the focaccia roll place 3 or 4 slices of Georgia Peaches.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Remove from oven, place ¼ cup of arugula on top of the peaches and place the two halves together. Enjoy!
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
More Peach Recipes:
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips