Every Saturday night I sit down and menu plan dinners for the week. I look through my cooking magazines, I scour Pinterest, and I look through the freezer to see what I have. I choose what I want to make and then I jot down a grocery list. Sunday morning I get the grocery ads, the coupons, and then I make my official grocery list.
This saves me time and money throughout the week. I only grocery shop once a week and I know what I’m having every night. This means the meat is always thawed in the refrigerator and ready to go when I want it. I don’t have to scramble to find something for dinner. During the week I eat leftovers, sandwiches, or a frozen meal for lunch at work. I don’t have much time and that’s what is easy.
The problem comes on the weekends. I always know what we’re having for dinner but when lunch time comes I stare into the refrigerator, the pantry, and the cupboards. I can never find anything I want. Part of the problem is that by Saturday there isn’t much left to choose from. The other problem is I’m tired from working all week and don’t want to make anything too difficult for dinner.
Last weekend when looking through the refrigerator I saw peaches, arugula, and cheese. I had a great idea for a recipe for this weekends Sunday Supper theme which is all about peaches! I also had a few focaccia rolls laying around and in my head I started building a sandwich. All I needed was some chicken. I quickly ran to the market down the road and bought a few crispy chicken strips.
I put together an amazing sandwich of crispy chicken, Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, fresh and juicy Georgia peaches, peppery arugula, and dijon mustard all on a focaccia roll. I toasted it in the oven and when it came out it smelled delicious.
The dijon added a little spice to the sandwich while the chicken was crisp. The arugula was slightly peppery and the peaches were sweet. The focaccia roll stood up to it all and offered a delicious crunch. The entire sandwich was bursting with a variety of flavors that all came together in one tasty lunch. I can’t wait to make this again!
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 2 Georgia Peaches, thinly sliced
- 6 crispy chicken strips, cut in half
- 12 slices Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, thinly slice
- 4 focaccia rolls
- 1 c. arugula
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Split the focaccia rolls in half and place the open faced on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons dijon mustard on one side of each roll. Place 3 chicken strip halves on top.
- of each dijon spread focaccia roll. Place 3 slices of Dubliner cheese on top of the chicken.
- On the other side of the focaccia roll place 3 or 4 slices of Georgia Peaches.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Remove from oven, place ¼ cup of arugula on top of the peaches and place the two halves together. Enjoy!
- Bourbon & Peach Porkbelly Bites by Girl Abroad
- Cherry-Peach Bruschetta by Dessert Geek
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peach Pancakes with Peach Maple Syrup by Magnolia Days
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Brandy Peach Lemonade by Nosh My Way
- Citrus Peach Sangria by Sunday Supper Movement
- Dairy-Free Strawberry Peach Smoothie by Cooking Chat
- Frozen Peach Margarita by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Peach and Blueberry Wine Slushies by Cooking with Carlee
- Peach Ginger Bellini by kimchi MOM
- Peach Whiskey Smash by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Trà Đào (Vietnamese Peach Tea) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ginger Peach Freezer Jam by Peaceful Cooking
Sides & Salads:
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Peach & Basil Flatbread by My Life Cookbook
- Grilled Peaches and Shrimp Shish Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Peach Glazed Pork Chops and Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
- Pork Tacos with Grilled Peach Salsa by Baking Sense
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Any Fruit Custard Pie by Wholistic Woman
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peach Cobbler Minis by April Golightly
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- Grilled Peach Melba by Hardly A Goddess
- Honey Almond Ricotta Stuffed Grilled Peaches by She Loves Biscotti
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Cobbler Popsicles by Crazed Mom
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach and Pistachio Tart by Caroline’s Cooking
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Peach Willy by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Peach and Lime Sorbet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Peaches & Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Simple Peach Cobbler by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Spiked Skillet Peach, Pecan and Blueberry Crumble by From Gate to Plate
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board