Are you ready for this? Today I’m sharing a peanut butter recipe! That’s right, peanut butter, my food enemy, is getting the spot light in today’s recipe. You all know I am not a fan of peanut butter. I don’t like the smell and I certainly do not like the taste. If I can help it I don’t prepare it or cook with it in any way. At school even the youngest kids know that I don’t like peanut butter.
So what’s the occasion you ask? It’s simple, a few weeks ago we had people over for drinks and snacks and I wanted to make a variety of desserts that were easy to make. That means I made strawberry rhubarb bars, sandwich cookies, and then I needed something with chocolate. I didn’t feel like baking so when I looked up no bake recipes this one was at the top.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache on top looked so quick and easy to make that I was sold. I did have a jar of peanut butter in the cupboard because my husband does like it and I had all of the other ingredients on hand.
I whipped up the Oreo cookie crust and placed it in the refrigerator while I made the peanut butter layer. It’s simple butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. That’s it! It makes this smooth and creamy looking layer that I spooned into the crust. I froze this for 15 minutes then topped it with the easy chocolate ganache.
Now I was worried about this dessert. usually when I’m baking I taste the batter (yes, I know it’s bad for me), I taste all the different pieces of the dessert, and then I taste some of the final product. I like knowing wha tmy product tastes like.
In this case I only tasted the ganache. I couldn’t taste the peanut butter layer and I didn’t taste the Oreo crust. I was really worried about how it would taste. Prior to the party I cut the pie and pried a slice out of the pan to take a photo. I was really surprised the Oreo crust stayed together but it really did! It looked really good and I was excited yet anxious for people to taste it.
The night of the party multiple people had a slice. They all said that it was good so I was happy. Then when I offered food to people before they leave the rest of the peanut butter pie was taken. That’s when I knew this was a big hit. If you like chocolate and peanut butter you’ve got to try this simple but tasty dessert recipe.
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1½ c. peanut butter
- 1 T. honey
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy cream
- Melt one stick of butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Place the melted butter and Oreo cookies in a food processor. Process until they come together in a crumbly mixture.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is freezing combine the remaining stick of butter, peanut butter, and honey in a bowl. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the Oreo crust. Smooth the top and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Pour over top of chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the chocolate and heavy cream together until smooth. Pour over top of the peanut butter mixture and quickly smooth it out.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.