Chicken Ramen Stir Fry takes your favorite ramen noodles and mixes them with a combination of stir fry veggies and chicken in a tasty sauce that is ready in about 20 minutes.
I don't know about you but I think ramen gets a bad name. I'm not talking about the fancy ramen you can get in restaurants; I'm talking about the bags of ramen you can get at the store for under fifty cents.
I've always loved a package of ramen in a pinch. In addition to being cheap and filling it's good! I'm a huge noodle fan so it's not surprising this is an easy to make meal that I enjoy on occasion.
So when I saw an easy weeknight meal for 2 that included ramen noodles I was sold before even looking at the other ingredients. Ramen noodles mixed with veggies and chicken in a stir fry dish sounded good to me.
- ramen noodles
- hot water
- olive oil
- bell pepper
- garlic cloves
- chicken broth
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper
To make the stir fry start by putting the ramen noodles in a bowl of hot water to soften them up. Drain them and set aside.
Then heat a bit of oil in a skillet and cook the chicken until it is no longer pink. Push the chicken to the sides of the pan and add in the bell pepper, onion, broccoli, and garlic. Stir fry for several minutes.
Add in the chicken broth and soy sauce along with the drained noodles and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
What do I do with the seasoning packet?
You can add a bit of it to the stir fry (I did!) or you can save it and use it to flavor a soup or broth at a later time.
Can I add other vegetables?
Yes! You can use any of your favorite stir fry vegetables in this dish. Some favorites in addition to the ones listed would be mushrooms, carrots, or zucchini.
Can I use beef or pork?
If you don't want to use chicken you can use either beef or pork. They will be cooked similarly to how you would cook the chicken .
Can I double this recipe?
Yes! If you want to make this for a family of 4 instead of just for two it's easy to simply double the recipe. Just keep in mind the noodles take up a lot of room and you may need a large skillet.
This recipe has a lot of flavor and I love the combination of the chicken and vegetables with the ramen noodles. While there isn't anything to make the flavors in this recipe stand out it's just really good.
Plus it's ready in just 20 minutes which makes it perfect for a quick weeknight meal. It's also a recipe for 2 so it's the perfect amount for my husband and I. We'll be making this one again soon.
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- This dish is easy to make ahead of time. You can make everything except the noodles then refrigerate for up to 2 days. Before serving heat everything, including the noodles, in a skillet for 3-5 minutes.
- You can use beef, pork, or even shrimp in place of the chicken in this recipe.
- If you don't have ramen you can use thin spaghetti noodles or udon or soba noodles.
If you’ve tried my Chicken Ramen Stir Fry or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 1 package (3 oz) ramen noodles
- 1 ½ c. hot water
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl combine the ramen noodles and the hot water. Let sit 5 minutes then drain.
- In a large skillet heat half the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and stir fry for 7 minutes.
- Move the chicken to the edges of the pan and add the remaining olive oil.
- Add in the peppers, onions, broccoli, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the ramen noodles and toss gently to combine.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home February/March 2021
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 3167mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 45g
Favorite Chicken Recipe
- Blackened Chicken from Art of Natural Living
- Chicken and Avocado Salad from That Recipe
- Chicken Macaroni Salad from Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Chicken Ramen Stir Fry from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Chicken Tortillas from The Freshman Cook
- Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Casserole from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Creamy Chicken with sun Dried Tomatoes from Lemon Blossoms
- Easy Slow Cooker Italian Chicken from Blogghetti
- Garlic and Ginger Caramel Chicken Thighs from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Hot Chicken and Pancake Tacos from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- One Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Pasta from Family Around the Table