I love chicken. I would eat chicken at least 3 times a week if my husband would let me. Lately we’ve been having the same old chicken dishes and he was quickly tiring of them. I found a recipe here for chicken with a spinach tomato ragout. It sounded fantastic! I made a few subtle changes to the recipe and made it the next day. It turned out really well and had a ton of flavor. I think next time I’ll serve it over top of noodles and make it a pasta dish from it.
Chicken with Spinach Tomato Ragout
2 T. olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 T. smoked paprika
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ c. mushrooms, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
2 handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
¾ c. chicken broth
1. Heat olive oil in a pan.
2. Season the chicken tenders with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add to pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the pan. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Put tomatoes in pan and sauté for an addition 2 minutes.
6. Add spinach to the pan and toss ingredients.
7. Add chicken broth and simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 on the chicken tenders. Serve over spaghetti if desired.
Leave a Reply