This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sara Lee Desserts, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SaraLeeDesserts http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
I love to make desserts. When I have time on the weekends I make some decadent cakes, cupcakes, and other sweet treats. I enjoy making homemade sweets to share with friends and family In fact, anytime I'm invited to a party or a dinner and I ask what I can bring I'm always told that I can bring dessert.
I love bringing homemade desserts to parties and dinners on a weekend but when it's during the week it's more difficult. I work all week and by the time I get home I'm tired. I don't really have the energy to make an elaborate dessert. This is where I have to get creative.
I've found that I can make delicious desserts using a store bought base and then add some tasty toppings. One of my favorite desserts is a Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake. I went to Food Lion to pick up one and was happy to see that there was an instant redemption coupon on my Sara Lee Original Cream Classic Cheesecake package for $1.50 off the purchase of one cheesecake good through 3/31 while supplies last. Score!
I also picked up a package of fresh strawberries, some semi-sweet chocolate, and a pint of heavy cream. That's all I needed to turn my classic Sara Lee Cheesecake into a show stopping dessert perfect for taking to a party.
I was going to turn this classic cheesecake into a Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake because there is nothing better then chocolate and strawberries then chocolate and strawberries on top of a cheesecake! I whipped up a batch of easy chocolate ganache using heavy cream and semi-sweet chocolate. It couldn't be easier! While I was waiting for it to cool I made a few chocolate covered strawberries.
Before going to the party I poured the chocolate ganache over top of the Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake and spread it over the sides. Then I topped the cheesecake with the chocolate covered strawberries. That's it! I had a delicious and easy to make dessert that everyone was sure to love.
- 1 Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 T. corn syrup
- 6-8 strawberries
- ⅓ c. chocolate candy melts
- Remove the Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake from the wrapper and set on a cooling rack inside of a baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until the cream starts to steam but do not let it boil! Remove from heat and add the semi-sweet chocolate. Allow to sit in the cream for 3 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and cream together until the chocolate is completely incorporated into the cream. Stir in the corn syrup. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes or until it has thickened but is still pourable.
- Place the chocolate candy melts in a microwave safe dish and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and then return to the microwave heating in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Dip the strawberries into the chocolate then place on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over top of the cheesecake using a spatula to spread it over the top and allowing it to drip over the sides (the baking pan will catch the mess).
- Arrange the chocolate covered strawberries on top. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours before serving.