Have you ever had cookie butter? I was introduced to this delicious spread a few years ago and ever since I've tried it I just can't get enough of it! I can seriously eat it by the spoonful. I love the flavor of the spiced cookies in a spread. It's so delicious on top of ice cream, in cookies, or as a spread on toast.
One way I haven't tried cookie butter is in a beverage. However, as I was looking to make a latte the other day I pushed aside a jar of cookie butter and then ended up grabbing it. I love the flavors of cookie butter and thought it would be really tasty in latte form.
I got to work making the perfect Cinnamon Cookie Butter Latte. In order to get the cookie butter incorporated into the beverage I combined it with the milk and then heated it until it was dissolved. The milk smelled sweet and spicy and I couldn't wait to try it in my latte.
I was going to leave it at that but then I ended up adding just a bit of caramel syrup and a dash of extra cinnamon. If you don't have caramel syrup at home you can use caramel ice cream topping instead. If you don't have either one of these simply leave the caramel out. This latte is sweet enough without it.
To finish off the latte I topped it with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a caramel cookie straw. This was such a fun latte to make and it tasted amazing. It was silky smooth with hints of spices, sugar, cookies, and salt. This would go really well with a cookie butter blondie or a snickerdoodle.
- ¾ c. milk
- 1 T. cookie butter
- 1 t. caramel syrup
- ½ t. cinnamon
- ¾ c. strong coffee
- whipped cream
- cookie straw
- Heat the milk, cookie butter, caramel syrup, and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until the milk begins to simmer. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour the milk into a latte mug. Add the coffee and stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon, a sprinkle of sea salt, and a cookie straw.
- Aquavit & Tonic by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cinnamon Cookie Butter Latte by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Bark Hot Cocoa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vanilla Coffee by Our Good Life
- Vietnamese Coffee by Palatable Pastime