I have been waiting and waiting for fall just because it's my favorite baking season! All of the pumpkin and apples in recipes just makes for an awesome fall time of year. This month the Bread Bakers are sharing Pumpkin or Pumpkin Spice Breads and I couldn't wait to get started. Our host this month is Kylee from Kylee Cooks.
I have a pumpkin quick bread recipe that I use every year that I love but I've been wanting to fancy it up a bit. I got my chance with this challenge. I turned my regular old pumpkin bread into a delicious Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts.
Now I started with the recipe I usually use. It's easy and I know it works so why mess with it? But then I added in cinnamon chips and chopped walnuts. The cinnamon chips add a sweetness and a spiciness while the walnuts add a nice texture.
I also decided to make mini breads so that I could frost them in three different ways and share them at work. This recipe will make 2 regular sized bread loaves or 16 mini loaves of bread. I just happen to have an awesome pan that makes 8 mini loaves at a time.
The bread smelled like fall as it baked up. I could smell cinnamon, sugar, and pumpkin. Nothing smells better then that! After it baked I popped them out to cool while I mixed up the frosting. I made a regular buttercream frosting and then divided it into three bowls.
I made one bowl of cinnamon frosting, one of salted caramel frosting, and one of chocolate frosting. My personal favorite was the salted caramel as it just added another dimension of saltiness and sweetness to the bread. I know some of my friends like the rich chocolate frosting paired with the pumpkin.
This is one of the best pumpkin bread recipes I've made and the frosting on top is just the "icing on the cake". If you enjoy pumpkin bread give this one a try the next time you have a fall gathering. Your guests will thank you!
- 3 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. applesauce
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1 c. cinnamon chips
- ½ c. (1 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 3 T. caramel sauce
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 loaf pans or 16 mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the oil, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Pour the oil and sugar mixture into the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mix until combined.
- Fold in the walnuts and cinnamon chips. Divide the mixture into the prepared pans.
- Bake the mini loaves for 30 minutes and the regular sized loaves for 45 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean they are baked. Remove and place on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edges, remove from pans, and cool completely on the wire rack.
- To make the frosting beat the butter in a large bowl with the mixer. Add the powdered sugar, a half cup at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Divide the frosting into 3 bowls. Add the cinnamon to one bowl, the caramel sauce and salt to another bowl, and the cocoa powder to the third bowl. Mix all three frosting bowls until they are combined.
- Divide the frosting between the mini loaves. If making the large loaves simply divide the mixture into 2 bowls and make the 2 frostings that you desire.
- Almost Vegan Chocolate and Pumpkin Loaf Cake by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Brown Butter & Pumpkin Seed Scones by Food Above Gold
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Quick Bread by Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and a Trio of Frosting by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hearty Whole Wheat Bread with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Italian Pumpkin Bread by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Lal Bhoplyachya Gharge by Sneha's Recipe
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Bread by Plated Cravings
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Swirl by A Baker's House
- Pumpkin Cardamom Buns by Sara's Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Chocolate Babka by House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Cornbread by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling by Cook's Hideout
- Pumpkin Pepita Muffin Tops by A Salad For All Seasons
- Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls by Kylee Cooks
- Pumpkin Raisin Scones by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Ricotta Pull Apart Buns by Food Smart Mom
- Pumpkin Sour Cherry Sourdough Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pumpkin Spice Ale Soft Pretzels by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Spice Raisin Bread with Kinako by What Smells So Good?
- Pumpkin Spice Swirl Quickbread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Multigrain Pumpkin Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Two Tone Pumpkin Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Sandwich Loaf by Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Yeasted Pumpkin Bread by Veena’s Vegnation
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.