I don't know about you but I'm a sucker for Cookie Butter. It's one of my favorite things to buy at Trader Joe's but we don't have one anywhere near us so I rarely get there. So when my friend asked if there was anything I wanted when she went one weekend I asked for Cookie Butter.
Did you know that today is Brownie Day? Woohoo! I was so excited because I absolutely love a good brownie. I have so many brownie recipes on my blog but I wanted to make a new one for the occasion. Since I had the cookie butter in my cupboard I thought the spice butter would go really well with the chocolate brownies and I made a batch of Cookie Butter Brownies.
All I did was take one of my favorite brownie recipes and add a cookie butter swirl to the top. I melted the cookie butter slightly so it was easier to swirl. While this worked, I wouldn't melt it quite so much. I also added in a bit of honey but that isn't something you have to do. I just love the taste of the honey paired with the cookie butter.
As the brownies baked they were pure perfection. Sometimes I have brownies that sink in the middle but that wasn't the case this time. These brownies were the perfect consistency and the swirl on top was subtle but definitely there. The taste was rich chocolate with creamy spiced cookies. It was a great match and I can't wait to make them again soon!
- 1 c. flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ c. cocoa powder
- 1 c. chocolate chips (I used triple chips)
- ½ c. cookie butter
- 2 T. honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Stir half the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix well. Add
in the cocoa powder and stir. Mix in the remaining flour mixture and
stir until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownies into the prepared pan.
- Place the cookie butter and honey in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Mix well.
- Drop dollops of the cookie butter onto the top of the brownies. Use a butter knife and swirl the cookie butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely then cute into squares.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Check out all of the delicious brownie recipes:
Mini Peanut Butter Filled Brownie Cupcakes from Family Around the Table
Christmas Tree Brownies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Cookie Butter Brownies from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Mounds Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
Peppermint Brownie Madeleines from Art of Natural Living