This Copycat Pineapple Dole Whip is a refreshing and creamy frozen pineapple treat that is a cross between ice cream and sorbet.
For years I've heard people talk about how amazing Pineapple Dole Whips are. I know that many people have had them at Disney World or Disneyland and they talk about them all the time. My brother tried his at the Dole Plantation in Hawaii.
I have never had a Dole Whip and really didn't know what all the fuss was about. Recently it's been extremely hot and we've been looking for some treats to help us cool off. While I've made several No Churn ice creams I wanted something a little different.
I looked up recipes for Copycat Pineapple Dole Whip and was surprised by how many different versions there are! While they all have pineapple in them that's where the similarities end. I chose one with pineapple, pineapple juice, and frozen whipped topping. I would have picked one with the heavy cream but I didn't have any and didn't feel like running out.
- pineapple chunks
- Cool Whip
- pineapple juice
Basically you put the pineapple, pineapple juice, and frozen whipped topping in a food processor and go to town. Once it's all combined there should be no big chunks of pineapple and it should look creamy.
Place it in a container and freeze until solid. This usually takes about 4 hours. It should be easy to scoop but still firm. If it's not holding its shape then it's not ready to scoop.
This is such a refreshing frozen treat. I love the big pineapple flavor and the creaminess. I don't add anything to it as I think it's perfect the way it is but my husband likes to add a dab of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel on top.
If you’ve tried my Copycat Pineapple Dole Whip or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 2 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into a container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw 5 minutes before scooping into cups.
Recipe from Cincy Shopper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g
Friday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- BBQ Deviled Eggs by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemonade Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mojitos with Grilled Strawberries and Mint by Our Good Life
- Caprese Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Classic Broccoli Salad by Family Around the Table
- Cowboy Caviar by Devour Dinner
- Grilled Peppers and Potatoes by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Wilted Mixed Green Salad with Bacon and Blue Cheese by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Tropical Fruit Salsa by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Steak Salad by Kate's Recipe Box
- Blueberry Coffee Cake by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry Ice Cream Recipe by SueBee Homemaker
- Copycat Dole Pineapple Whip by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcake by Blogghetti