This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I am a special education teacher in an elementary school. That means from the moment I walk through the door of the school in the morning until the moment I walk out in the evening I just don't stop. I'm constantly running in and out of classrooms working with my students or meeting with the regular education teachers. I work hard and I love my job but I don't ever have a single moment to myself.
That's where the new Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt comes in. Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt fits seamlessly into my lifestyle as a "better-for-me" alternative to regular ice cream or other treats. With delicious flavors like Vanilla Bean, Mint Chocolate Chip, and Raspberry Chocolate Chip, it's easy to indulge without the guilt.
I first found out about Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt when I was doing my weekly grocery shopping at Walmart. As I was walking in the refrigerator section I saw them demoing a new yogurt. When I walked over I saw that it was ice cream inspired yogurt and was intrigued. I admit I sampled two of these delicious yogurts. I tried the Vanilla Bean which is smooth, sweet, and has a lot of delicious vanilla bean flavor. I also tried the Raspberry Chocolate Chip which is a creamy raspberry yogurt studded with chocolate chips. Both were pretty awesome so I bought a few of each!
My "Me Moments" often happen in the morning. I wake up at 5:45 each morning and often have an hour of quiet time to myself before I get ready for work and head into the business of my day. I like to browse new recipes on my laptop and enjoy a few spoonfuls of Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt in Raspberry Chocolate Chip. It's such an indulgent way to start my day and to have a little time for myself. Plus, I can feel good about having my dessert for breakfast or even in between groups at school.
Since I like to bake and I found these yogurts to be irresistible, I just had to try a recipe using them! I found these adorable cupcake liners with ice cream cups all over them and was inspired to make a "better for me muffin" that would be the perfect on the go snack and would satisfy my sweet tooth.
I made a simple muffin recipe, divided the batter in half, and added a cup of the Vanilla Bean yogurt to one half and a cup of the Raspberry Chocolate Chip yogurt to the other half. This worked great and I was able to significantly reduce the amount of butter in the muffins. I placed the Raspberry Chocolate Chip batter on the bottom and the Vanilla Bean batter on the top and popped them in the oven. They smelled amazing in the oven! It was almost like I was baking ice cream.
Once they came out of the oven I sprinkled a pinch of cocoa powder on top. They looked wonderful and tasted even better. It was like eating a double scoop ice cream muffin. These are the perfect way to indulge on the run. I actually managed to have a "Me Moment" in my car on the way to work the other day. I put on a local radio station that plays hits from my childhood, grabbed one of these Ice Cream Inspired Yogurt Muffins, and enjoyed my entire ride to work. Hey, I'll take time out for myself whenever I can get it!
- 1¾ c. flour
- 2½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 6 T. butter, melted
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 T. milk
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 (5.3 oz) cup Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Raspberry Chocolate Chip Yogurt
- 1 (5.3 oz) cup Müller® Ice Cream Inspired Vanilla Bean Yogurt
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together the butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs and beat well.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. The mixture will be thick.
- Divide the muffin mixture in half. Add the Raspberry Chocolate Chip Yogurt to one half of the muffin mixture and the vanilla bean yogurt to the other half. Mix until combined.
- Gently spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the Raspberry Chocolate Chip muffin mixture into each muffin cup. Gently spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the Vanilla Bean muffin mixture on top of the Raspberry Chocolate Chip mixture. Tap the muffin tin gently to help settle the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 16-20 minutes or until they have started to brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack. Immediately sprinkle with cocoa powder.