As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GIVEEXTRAGETEXTRA #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Picture this. You are in the car with several friends after a big lunch. You realize that there was a ton of garlic in the dish you just ate so you grab a pack of gum sitting in the console of your car. Before opening it you ask your friends if they would like a piece. Everyone answers yes and as you open the pack you realize if all of your friends take a piece there won’t be any left for you! Have you been in this situation? I have and it’s awful when I realize I shared the last piece of gum without taking a piece for myself.
Fast forward to a few days ago when I was checking out at Walmart. I went to reach for a pack of gum and I saw the new Extra® 35-stick pack! It comes in a durable package that is made of recycled materials. I love that it wasn’t the same old paper package that gets ripped up in my car. With the durable case I can keep it in my purse and not have to worry about it ripping and spilling everywhere. Since there are 35 sticks in the pack I don’t have to worry about not having enough to share with my friends! The new 35-stick packs come in Extra® Gum Spearmint and Extra® Gum Polar Ice® flavors.
The best part about the new Extra® 35-stick pack is that I can keep half the pack for myself and share the rest with my friends. As you all know I am an elementary school teacher. Elementary school teachers do a lot of talking throughout the day which means I need something to help keep my mouth wet. While I drink a lot of water, I also chew a lot of gum. I thought it would be fun to make something to help me share part of my Extra® 35-stick pack with my fellow teachers!
Since spring is quickly coming, I thought a Gum Garden would be fun! What’s a Gum Garden? It’s basically using all of my fun art supplies to make a garden of flowers that have sticks of Extra® Gum Spearmint in the middle of them!
I grabbed an old box I had laying around, some green construction paper, popsicle sticks, and a pack of colored craft foam. If you don’t have craft foam around your house you can simply use colored construction paper. I also used my trusty glue gun. I use that thing for all my art projects!
I covered the box with the green paper and then set it aside. I then cut flowers out of the foam, glued the sides together, glued them to the popsicle sticks, and put a stick of gum in the center! I put all of the flowers in the green “garden” and I was finished! It was so cute. The best part is that I can set it in the faculty lounge at school, teachers can grab a gum flower, and then when they are finished they can put the flower back and I can refill it from my Extra® 35-stick pack.
- 1 box
- green construction paper
- 6 sheets craft foam
- 12 popsicle sticks
- glue gun
- Sharp Knife or scissors
- 1 35-stick pack Extra® Gum Spearmint
- Using the glue gun, attach the green construction paper to the top and side of your box. Allow the box to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut each craft foam sheet in half. Fold each piece in half and cut out a flower shape, leaving enough room in the center for a piece of gum. Repeat with all 12 pieces of craft foam.
- Using the glue gun, carefully put glue on just the edges of the flowers and press to seal. The tops of the flowers should still be open and the bottom part should have been folded and attached by the foam.
- Use the glue gun and attach a popsicle stick to the back of each flower. Allow the glue to dry for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make 12 cuts in the top of the green covered box. Make them just long enough to fit a popsicle still in the cut.
- Place a stick of Extra® Gum Spearmint in each flower and place in the cuts in the box to create the garden.
- Write "Gum Garden" on the front and place it where all of your friends can enjoy a stick of gum!
A Hezzi-D Original Craft
Now that you’ve seen the all new Extra® Gum 35-stick packages I want to hear who you want to share your gum with!