A few weeks ago I bought a giant bag of Pastel M&M's at Sam's Club. I had plans to use them to make a few edible Easter centerpieces and then to use then in M&M's Blondies. I ended up making both and still had well over half a bag left! I started searching out other ways to use the remaining bag.
One thing that I did was take my traditional chocolate chip cookie dough recipe and substituted in the Pastel M&M's and some white chocolate chips to make Easter M&M's Cookies. I knew the recipe would work out since I've made it many, many times and often sub out the chocolate chips for another kind of chips or candy.
After mixing up the batter I scooped it onto a cookie sheet and baked it. These are easy to make and look great for Easter or spring. I didn't use any sprinkles but I think pastel colored sprinkles would have worked in these cookies as well.
You can also use this cookie recipe for any holiday. Just change out the pastel M&M's for holiday colored candy and change the white chocolate chips for another flavor of chips. It's so easy to use this cookie base for a variety of recipes!
- ¾ c. butter
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 t. cornstarch
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. Pastel M&M's
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Fold in the M&M's and white chocolate chips.
- Use a 1½ inch cookie scoop and scoop dough onto a cookie sheet spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Quiche by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad with Ham by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Easter M&M's Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Smoked Salmon Dill Scones by Art of Natural Living
- Sweet and Sour Sausage by A Day in the Life on the Farm