This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Birds Eye®, and Tyson® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FastFreshFilling http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Summer is here and I've been heating up my kitchen! I know I've said it before but sometimes it's hard preparing meals in the kitchen in the summer because we don't have air conditioning. Lately we've been eating a lot of entree salads and I've been trying to come up with toppings and homemade dressings for them that don't require turning on the oven.
Recently I discovered Birds Eye Steamfresh® Protein Blends and Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets at my local Walmart. Why am I telling you about these products? Because I've been using both of them to make my entree salads. This week I made a delicious Asian Grilled Chicken salad that was on my table in about 10 minutes. Plus I didn't have to turn on the oven!
Birds Eye Steamfresh® Protein Blends come in four delicious varieties and can be conveniently cooked in the microwave. They are healthy vegetables packages that have the added bonus of protein! They come in Southwest Style, Asian Style, Italian Style, and California Style. Earlier in the week I used the southwest style vegetables in a southwest chicken salad but today I'm using the Asian style vegetables. Included in this blend are whole grains, shelled edamame, carrots, red peppers, and sauce. It's perfect for topping a salad.
Then there is the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets. I've never seen these until this past week but they are great to have in the freezer during the summer. The Chicken Breast Fillets are 100% all natural and made with all white meat. They come fully cooked with a great grill taste and can be cooked in the microwave in just minutes! I wasn't sure how they would taste straight out of the microwave but they had that grilled taste and were tender.
I used both of these to make a quick and tasty Asian Grilled Chicken Salad. I started out with a bunch of the mixed greens I got in my CSA this week and just added a little scallion, onion, and green pepper to it. I placed the mix on a plate, topped it with the Birds Eye Steamfresh® Asian Style Protein Blends, then chopped up a few of the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets that were fresh and hot out of the microwave.
That alone would have made a great salad but I had to kick it up a notch with a few crunchy toppings and homemade dressing. Since I was making an Asian salad I sprinkled the top with sesame sticks, crunchy rice noodles, and almonds. I made an easy Sesame Soy Dressing that paired wonderfully with this salad.
My husband and I both enjoyed the Asian Grilled Chicken Salads and they were ready to go in just 10 minutes. Since I only used the microwave to cook both the vegetables an the chicken I didn't heat up the kitchen at all. It was one of the few times I haven't broken a sweat in the kitchen this summer!
For the Salad:
- 6 c. mixed greens
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 bag Birds Eye Steamfresh® Asian Style Protein Blends
- 3 Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets
For the Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the topping:
- 3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoons crunchy rice noodles
- 2 Tablespoons sesame sticks
- Cook the Birds Eye Steamfresh® Asian Style Protein Blends according to the package directions. Dump into a bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, green pepper, onion, and scallion. Toss well and divide between two plates.
- Cook the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken Breast Fillets in the microwave according to the package directions. Remove from microwave and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk.
- Spoon ½ cup of the Birds Eye Steamfresh® Asian Style Protein Blends on top of each plate of mixed greens.
- Divide the chicken breast fillets between the two plates.
- Sprinkle the almonds, rice noodles, and sesame sticks on top of the salads.
- Serve with a side of the sesame soy dressing.
a Hezzi-D Original Recipe