This summer I had big plans to do a lot of cooking and baking. It started out alright but then the summer turned hot and humid. I suddenly didn't feel like cooking or baking unless I did it first thing in the morning. We started making a lot of meals on the grill or the stove top. I was looking for a lot of new recipes.
One of these recipes is Easy Garlic Butter Chicken with Rice. This is a stove top meal that is ready in about 20 minutes so not only is it easy but it's quick as well. I'm always looking for quick meals because when I get home from work in the fall the last thing I want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen cooking instead of hanging out with my little guy.
It's basically chicken dipped in Parmesan cheese and seasonings pan fried in garlic butter. I mean really, who could resist that? If you like chicken, cheese, and butter, which are three of my favorite things, then this dish is calling your name. Then cooked rice is cooked in more butter, onions, and garlic to give it a bit of flavor as well.
There aren't any vegetables in this meal so you could make roasted Brussels Sprouts or asparagus on the side. If you wanted to you could saute broccoli and bell peppers in garlic butter and then add the rice to that. I'm think about doing that next time to make it a complete meal.
The chicken came out tender and full of garlic butter and Parmesan flavor. The rice was fluffy and filled with flavor as well. I actually think this meal would be great served with rolls to soak up all the yummy sauce. Anyway you serve it, you'll enjoy this quick and tasty chicken dinner.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, about 4 oz each
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. Italian seasonings
- 4 T. butter, divided
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. cooked rice
- 2 T. chicken broth
- 1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a shallow dish combine the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic cloves, paprika, and Italian seasonings.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the Parmesan mixture and shake off the excess.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- In the same skillet melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and lemon juice and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and heat until warm.
Recipe from Eat Well 101
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 421mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g