As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
I know I’ve said it before but I really love my Air Fryer. It’s something I never thought I’d buy yet we use it every single day. My favorite things to make in it are french fries, frozen dinner rolls, sausage, and wings. I pretty much laughed when everyone told me how awesome Air Fryer Wings were then a few months ago I tried them for myself.
My husband and I really enjoyed them but we weren’t sure if they were truly better then deep fried. So I wanted to give it a fair test and I made several of the Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar Wings and then I made several deep fried Salt and Vinegar Wings. The result was unanimous. My husband and I both liked the Air Fryer wings best! I like that they taste like chicken and aren’t super greasy like traditional wings.
With that said, these Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar Wings are a new favorite. They are perfect for Game Day because they aren’t too messy. However, I did end up pouring some hot sauce of a few of them which really added an awesome flavor. These wings get their flavor from a vinegar brine. It soaks into the wings and gives them plenty of flavor.
While they aren’t kick you in the pans Salt and Vinegar Wings they are still really flavorful. The Sour Cream and Onion dip that has vinegar in it really brings out the flavor. You could also make a vinegar and butter mixture to pour over top of the wings for the last few minutes of Air Frying.
However you make them, these wings turn out deep golden brown and super crispy. They are just a bit salty and have a hint of vinegar. Like I said the sour cream based dip which has vinegar in it gives the wings the kick they need to make them a great appetizer or even dinner.
For the Wings:
- 1 c. distilled vinegar
- 1/2 c. water
- 3 pounds wings
- 3 T. salt
- 1 T. pepper
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 3 T. onion soup mix (trust me, it's awesome in this!)
- 2 T. distilled vinegar
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- Place the distilled vinegar, water, salt, and pepper in a gallon sized zip top baggie. Mix to combine.
- Add the wings to the bag and refrigerate 2-4 hours, turning every 30-45 minutes.
- Drain the wings and pat dry.
- Turn an Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Add half of the wings to the Air Fryer and cook for 20 minutes, turning once after 10 minutes. If wings aren't crisp enough add an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from Air Fryer and cook remaining wings the same way.
- To make the dipping sauce whisk together all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve the wings with the sauce.
Recipe adapted from Food Network
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Game Day Wing Recipes
- Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar Wings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bloody Mary Wings by Sweet Beginnings
- Buffalo Wing Soup by Art of Natural Living
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Wings by The Freshman Cook
- Crispy Lemon Pepper Wings by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Drunken Honey Wings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Instant Pot Buffalo Wings by That Recipe
- Slow Cooker Asian Glazed Wings by Karen’s Kitchen Stories