As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Pull Apart Meatball Sliders are made with two types of cheese and have a garlic bread topping for a crowd pleasing appetizer!
I don’t know about you but whenever Game Day rolls around I like to have food. Who doesn’t enjoy having a few snacks that they can munch on all day long while watching some of the games?
While I’m a huge fan of chips and dip I always think that there needs to be something a little more substantial. We often have burger sliders or pulled pork but sometimes I want something a little different.
As you know I love pasta but you can’t really have pasta while watching the game. It takes too long and it’s way too messy. So I decided to take one of my favorite parts of my pasta, the meatballs, and make something with them.
- marinara sauce
- dinner rolls
- provolone cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- garlic cloves
- Italian seasoning
- black pepper
To Make the Sliders: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the meatballs and the sauce. Set aside. Slice the dinner rolls in half and place the bottom halves on a baking sheet. Place slices of provolone cheese over top of the bottoms of the rolls. Place one meatball on top of each roll bottom. Spoon remaining sauce over top of the meatballs and rolls. Sprinkle each meatball with mozzarella cheese. Top with the top portion of the rolls. Melt the butter and mix with Parmesan cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt. Brush over top of the roll and put in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush the remaining butter mixture over top of the rolls. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Pull Apart Meatball Sliders are an easy to make and filling appetizer, snack, or can even be eaten for dinner. While I bought meatballs to make it easier on myself you can use your favorite homemade meatball recipe.
The recipe is pretty simple. Cut the buns, cover with cheese, add the meatballs and sauce, cover with more sauce, then top with the buns.
The thing that makes these sliders special is the topping. They are covered in a delicious garlic butter sauce that really puts these sliders over the top.
Don’t skip the garlic butter on top. It really makes these game day worthy and they would just be kind of boring without it.
What kind of rolls should I use?
You can use any dinner rolls that are stuck together. I know a lot of people like Hawaiian rolls but they are too sweet for me and don’t really work with the meatballs and sauce. I just used a bag of potato dinner rolls but use what you like or you can get at your store.
What kind of meatballs should I buy?
I went the easy route and bought refrigerated meatballs that were already in sauce. I was able to just heat them up for 5 minutes and they were ready to go. You can buy frozen meatballs but take that into account when you are ready to cook them. It will take a lot longer to cook the frozen meatballs. You can also make your own meatballs.
Do I need both provolone and mozzarella cheese?
No you don’t have to have both of them. You can use one type of cheese on both the bottom and the top if you don’t want to buy both.
How do I store these?
Put the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Eat within 24 hours. To reheat I put them in the oven at 350 for 8-10 minutes. You can microwave them but the bread gets soggy.
These are really tasty. It’s like eating a mini meatball sub. Then there’s the garlic bread topping. So really it’s like eating a meatball sub on a garlic bread roll.
Meatball Sliders are perfect as a hearty Game Day snack. They are great to put in the mix with veggies, chips, and dip.
More Slider Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Burger Sliders
- Slow Cooker Nashville Hot Chicken Sliders
- French Dip Sliders
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders
- Pepper Crusted Ribeye Sliders with Beer Cheese Sauce
If you’ve tried my Easy Pull Apart Meatball Sliders or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
- 12 meatballs
- 1 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 1 package dinner rolls (12 rolls)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the meatballs and sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated.
- Meanwhile, cut the dinner rolls in half horizontally. Place the bottom half on a baking sheet.
- Place the provolone cheese over top of the bottoms of the rolls.
- Place one meatball on top of each roll. Spoon remaining sauce over top of the meatballs and rolls.
- Sprinkle the tops of the meatballs with the mozzarella cheese. Top the meatballs with the top halves of the dinner rolls.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and mix in the Parmesan cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Brush half of the mixture over top of the slider buns.. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush the remaining topping over top of the rolls.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven, pull the sliders apart, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Spiced
Welcome to our #FootballFood!
We have delicious recipes from across the country to make your next tailgating or game day party the best and most delicious party ever!
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Wings from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Everything Bagel Ham and Cheese Sliders from Jen Around the World
- Easy Pull Apart Meatball Sliders from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- New England Style Hot Dog Buns Using Tangzhong from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Turkish Kabobs from Art of Natural Living
- Easy Buckeye S’mores from The Spiffy Cookie