As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Need an easy weeknight meal? Check out my 5 ingredient Sausage Parmesan made with Italian Sausage and ready in under 30 minutes!
It’s no secret that I work full time in addition to blogging. That means my Monday through Fridays get pretty hectic. I still like to take the time to make a homemade dinner every night but I don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen working on a meal. I tend to prepare dinners that are ready in under an hour. Whenever these dinners have less then 10 ingredients I just consider it to be a bonus.
This Easy Sausage Parmesan recipe is one of those recipes. It takes just 30 minutes to make and has only 5 ingredients! Yes, you heard me right, this easy weeknight meal only has 5 ingredients in it but it tastes delicious!
I went to my local Martin’s Food Markets to look for a pasta dish. Since pasta is my favorite thing to eat I knew I could make an easy dish around my favorite ingredient.
I picked up a box of thick spaghetti. I really like the thicker spaghetti because it holds the sauce better and I always buy Barilla Pasta because it cooks up perfectly al dente every time so I know we’ll love our dinner.
Next I picked up a package of Galbani Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese because I don’t know about you but I can’t make a pasta dish without the cheese. With the cheese and pasta taken care of I went over to the meat department to search for the protein part of my dinner.
I passed over the chicken and veal which I knew would make a tasty Parmesan because I didn’t feel like having to bread and fry something before making the actual dish.
That’s when I saw the Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage. I love using Italian sausage because all the spices and flavors are built into the sausages so I knew I wouldn’t have to use many spices in my pasta dish.
I brought everything home and made my Sausage Parmesan. I heated the sausage up in a skillet while I shredded the cheese.
When everything was ready to go I simply put the sausages in a baking dish, poured the Roasted Garlic Sauce over top of it, and then sprinkled the shredded mozzarella on top. While it was baking in the oven I cooked the pasta on the stove and made a simple salad.
This entire meal took 30 minutes to make. I had a salad on the table along with the Sausage Parmesan. I really liked how the spices in the sausage paired with the roasted garlic in the sauce.
It tasted wonderful over top of the pasta and it was so easy to make! The only thing I ended up adding was a bit of chopped parsley on top for some color and addition mozzarella cheese for sprinkling.
The great thing about this dish is that you can tailor it to your family by buying your favorite flavor of sauce and either hot, sweet, or mild sausage! This is the perfect pasta recipe to make for the entire family after a long day at work. One recipe serves 5 people so it’s perfect for families or for couples who like to take leftovers to work the next day.
- 1 package Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 package Barilla thick spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 (16 oz) package Galbani Low Moisture Mozzarella Cheese "for shredding"
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the Johnsonville Sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until it has browned. Add a quarter cup of water to the pan, cover, and heat 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage links from the skillet and place in a baking dish. Pour 1 cup of sauce over top of the sausages.
- Shred 8 ounces of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle over top of the sausage links. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain and put back in the pot with the remaining sauce. Keep warm.
- Take the sausage out of the oven. Place a cup of spaghetti on each plate and top with a Sausage Parmesan link.
- Sprinkle each dish with parsley and serve hot.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe