As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
As you know, I’ve been trying to eat healthier yet make meals that take less time. Since pasta is my favorite meal, I’ve been struggling to find pasta dishes that are both quick and healthy. Of course, Cooking Light came to the rescue again. They always have easy yet flavorful meals that are lighter on fat and calories then many of the meals I make. This was also the perfect meal to make for this weeks #WeekdaySupper.
They had a delicious pasta in a cream sauce with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. It sounded perfect so I whipped it up in about 25 minutes after work one night. I loved how simple it was and that I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen. The sauce was creamy but not heavy and the sprinkle of Parmesan on top added just a bit of flavor and saltiness.
Fettuccine with Tomato Cream Sauce (adapted from Cooking Light)
10 oz. fettuccine noodles
1 t. salt
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
1 t. Italian seasoning
1/4 c. fresh parsley
3 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water, and keep pasta warm.
2. Meanwhile, place the garlic, diced tomatoes, red pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add in the fresh parsley and stir well. Stir in the reserved pasta water and cream cheese, turning the heat to low.
4. Mix until the cream cheese is mixed into the sauce.
5. Divide pasta between 4 bowls and top with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.