The weather is finally starting to warm up. I've been cold all winter and I'm so ready for spring. When I think of spring I think of flowers and I wanted to make something fun but easy to celebrate the coming of spring. There are actually a few crocus and daffodils poking up in our yard so flower dessert it is!
The great thing about these cupcakes is they are made from a cake mix and a frosting mix so putting them together is easy. However, they are super cute and look like a lot more work then they actually are. These are great for BBQ's, birthday parties, or just to have on hand for company. Kids love them because of the lollipop "flowers" sticking out.
They are also easy to customize by switching out cake and frosting flavors. Use vanilla frosting dyed green for grass or go with the chocolate frosting for dirt. The cake can be whatever flavor you wish. I went with a classic yellow cake and vanilla frosting. I used spearmint leaves cut in half for the flower leaves, green frosting for grass, with darker green sprinkles on top. Everyone loved them and they only took about 30 minutes to frost and decorate.
- 1 box cake mix (plus ingredients needed to make the cake)
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- green food coloring
- green sprinkles
- 24 spearmint leaves candies
- 24 lollipops (I used blowpops)
- Prepare the cake batter as directed and bake into 24 cupcakes. Cool completely.
- Add the green food coloring to the frosting and frost each of the 24 cupcakes. Sprinkle with green sprinkles.
- Place a lollipop in the center of each cupcake.
- Cut the spearmint leaves in half and place on cupcakes as flower leaves,
Source: Bubbly Nature Creations