Last week I was craving something sweet. I didn't want to make a cake or cupcakes because I knew I'd end up eating way too much but I thought cookies might be in order. I just bought the insanely huge bag of chocolate chips from Sam's Club last week so I started making chocolate chip cookies.
As you know I have several friends who are gluten free and I try to sneak gluten free baked goods in as regular baked goods whenever I can. I think I'm getting better at gluten free baking as well as vegan and dairy free. I like having a great repertoire of recipes for anyone that comes to my house even if they have dietary restrictions.
This week #SundaySupper is sharing recipes to fit any special dietary requirements or to avoid allergens. I can't wait to see what everyone is making because I need more allergen free recipes in my recipe file.
When I started making these chocolate chip cookies I originally was going to use all gluten free all purpose flour. Then I found a half bag of almond flour in the pantry. Using this combination of flour they turned out really good! They were a little more fluffy then usual but they had a great texture, got really brown on the bottom, and tasted good.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour (adapted from Meaningful Eats)
½ c. butter
¼ c. applesauce
½ c. sugar
¼ c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 ½ c. Bob's Red Mill almond flour
1 ½ c. gluten free all purpose flour
1 c. Nestle chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl cream together the butter, applesauce, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well. Add in the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
3. In a medium bowl combine the baking soda, salt, flour, and almond flour. Add to the butter mixture and mix well.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
5. Spoon teaspoons of cookie dough on the cookie sheets 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 2-3 minutes before moving the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
See all the other fabulous recipes shared for #SundaySupper:
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding by girlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe by Masala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and "Cheese" by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yogurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni's Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlovas by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita's Cocina
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe, Strawberry, & Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Nut & Fat Free Chocolate Angel Food Cake by Table for Seven
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing "Free For All" recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to see you 🙂 to join all you need to do is follow[ the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
Cindys Recipes and Writings
I never used almond flour but I'm getting some to try these!
Nancy @ gottagetbaked
Mmm...I love baking with almond flour. These beautiful cookies probably totally hit the spot. And girl, there's no such thing as an insanely large bag of chocolate chips. One can never have enough 😉 I've already gone through a few kilos of chocolate chips in the past six months. Yikes, it's scary when I say that out loud!
Courtney @ Neighborfood
I need a good gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe! Thanks for sharing!
I'm book marking these as I love working with almond flour... and it goes so well with chocolate! What a great round up of GF recipes too - thank you for sharing!
I would love to sit down with a couple of these cookies and a cup of coffee. So many delicious flavors with apples and almonds and chocolate.
Love Chocolate Chip Cookies and yours with Almond Flour seems like a great tasty option 🙂
[email protected] Peanut Butter and Peppers
I love CC cookies and yours look beautiful and perfect!
When we went gluten free chocolate chip cookies were the first thing I learned to adapt - priorities you know? Haha
So much good stuff happening in these cookies. The slight taste of apple, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. How wonderful!
applesauce? I would have never thought of that but I like the idea of it with almond flour. That's for sure a very different kind of chocolate chip cookie, love it!
These look so fluffy and wonderful...just like I like my cc cookies!