I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias
My friends and I enjoy taking turns hosting each other for Happy Hour after work. By Happy Hour, I mean food, drinks, and fun. Since the weather has been getting nicer I wanted to host a Happy Hour with an outdoor twist, so I invited them over for some badminton, chatting on the porch, good food, and Kool-Aid!
Did you know that Kool-Aid now comes in Ready To Drink 96 oz. bottle? They do! I love how easy it is to run in the house after playing outside, grab the bottle out of the refrigerator, and serve! I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart the night before having my friends over and purchased two of the 96 oz. Kool-Aid bottles, three different cheeses, fresh strawberries, and grapes, and everything I needed to make cupcakes for dessert.
I did some quick prep work including cutting all the cheese, washing the fruit, and baking the cupcakes. I also put the Kool-Aid in the refrigerator so it would be nice and chilled. Then I set up the badminton net and I was ready for the girls to arrive!
We had a blast playing badminton out in the backyard. It was a great way to relieve stress after work and it was hilarious watching everyone try to hit the birdie over the net. I was all set to take pictures of us playing but I was having so much fun I forgot! After working up a sweat we came inside and I served up the pretty pink Watermelon flavored Kool-Aid. It was perfect to #KoolOff after playing out in the sun.
Since it isn’t a Happy Hour without food I also served a fruit and cheese tray and some very special cupcakes. I wanted to make something fun and fruity so I used Cherry Limeade Kool-Aid drink mix in both the cupcake batter and the frosting. It ended up turning plain vanilla cupcakes into delicious cherry lime flavored ones! I even used fresh lime wedges to decorate them. My friends were really surprised when they found out my secret ingredient was Kool-Aid drink mix.
We ended up sitting out on the porch after enjoying some food, talking for hours and sipping our Watermelon Kool-Aid. It was definitely the refreshing way to enjoy an evening outside with friends. It’s also the perfect size to grab when going camping, tailgating, or even on a road trip!
For the cupcakes
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 T. Kool-Aid Cherry Limeade Soft Drink Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 c. milk
For the Frosting:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 T. milk
- 2 T. Kool-Aid Cherry Limeade Soft Drink Mix
- 3-4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the butter and sugar. Mix until well combined. Beat in the Kool-Aid mix, egg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the milk, then the remaining flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 of the way full with the batter. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- To make the frosting combine the milk and Kool-Aid mix in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Place the butter in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add in the milk and Kool-Aid mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and enjoy!
Source: A Hezzi-D original
Jim Dillard, pro fisherman, could be coming to your local Walmart to help promote the new 96oz Kool-Aid bottles! There will be product giveaways, t-shirts, games, and more fun activities!
Friday May 30th 5-7pm:
13675 Highway 43 Russellville, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 3-5pm:
3100 Hough Rd Florence, AL WM Supercenter
Saturday May 31st 6-8pm:
517 Avalon Ave Muscle Shoals, AL WM Supercenter
Friday June 20th 5-7pm:
1210 Mineral Wells Ave Paris, TN WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 3-5pm:
1225 Paris Rd Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Saturday June 21st 6-8pm:
809 N 12th St Murray, KY WM Supercenter
Friday August 8th 5-7pm:
360 Harbison Blvd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
Saturday August 9th 3-5pm:
1326 Bush River Rd Columbia, SC WM Supercenter
Saturday August 9th 6-8pm:
2401 Augusta Rd West Columbia, SC WM Supercenter