A few months back I finally found a combination of gluten free flours that I could mix together to make wonderful baked goods. It takes 3 or 4 gluten free flours but the blend is out of this world. I can even make delicious sugar cookies with it.
Since then I've been experimenting with various gluten free flours to see what works and what doesn't. So when I found a package on my doorstep and opened it up to find a collection of Bob's Red Mill nut flours, I couldn't wait to get in the kitchen and experiment with them! The one that intrigued me the most was the Bob's Red Mill All Natural Hazelnut Flour because I have never baked with it before.
These hazelnut chocolate brownies are incredible. The brownie is soft and delicious with a slightly different texture from the hazelnut flour which is thicker then traditional flour. I think the flour gives the brownies a wonderfully nutty flavor. My husband had trouble believing they were gluten free because of how rich and chocolatey they were. These are winners for sure in my book!
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. butter (1 stick)
- 2 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- ¼ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk until foamy. Add in the sugars and keep beating until smooth.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, unsweetened baking chocolate, and chocolate chips. Heat over medium heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate to the egg mixture and stir until incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl combine the hazelnut flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a 7 x 11 or 9 x 9 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Baking for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and cool for at least 30 minutes. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Source: Jenn Cuisine