I received samples of Bee K'onscious Honey for my honest review.
Fresh squeezed lemonade lightly sweetened with honey and hints of real ginger make for the ultimate refreshing summer beverage.
In the summer there isn't anything quite as refreshing as a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade. However, almost anywhere you go they make it from concentrate or a mix. When I do get fresh lemonade it's often drowning in sugar which isn't what I'm looking for. I like to taste the tartness from the lemons.
I like adding honey to my lemonade because you can use less since it's a little bit sweeter than sugar. I also like that honey comes directly from the bee. In this recipe I used Bee K'onscious Honey.
Bee K'onscious Honey sources on high quality, 100% raw honey direct from the bee farm. There are no additives or processing. It's simply pure, single origin honey. It comes in four delicious flavors or you can get a three pack like I did. I chose California Sage (which I used in this recipe), Montana Clover, and Cipo Uvo from Brazil.
To make this lemonade I combined water, honey, and ginger in a saucepan and brought it to a boil. Then I pulled it off the burner and stirred until the honey dissolved in the water and allowed the water to cool. Then I added enough fresh squeezed lemon to make it tart and poured it over a glass of ice. I finished it off with some sparkling water.
I love that I can taste the sweetness of the honey, the tartness of the lemons, and the zing of the ginger. Not to mention this is a great beverage to sip on when it's hot outside, if you aren't feeling well, or if you have a stomachache. All of the ingredients combine together to fix it all and it's so tasty!
Pro Tips & Substitutions:
- Not a fan of ginger? You could add rosemary or mint instead.
- Don't have fresh ginger? You can add 1 teaspoon of ground ginger to the boiling water.
- Adjust the amount of honey you use according to how sweet you like your lemonade.
- You can just add regular tap water instead of sparkling water at the end and it will work just fine.
- 1 c. water
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅓ c. fresh lemon juice
- sparkling water
- In a small saucepan combine the water, honey, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and stir until honey is dissolved into the water.
- Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes.
- After cooling stil the lemon juice into the honey and water mixture and mix well.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice. Divide the lemon mixture between the two glasses.
- Fill the remainder of the glasses with sparkling water and stir well.
- Garnish with a lemon slice if desired.
Recipe from Don't Sweat The Recipe