Rich and creamy Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is made in the Instant Pot for a silky texture that is topped off with a sweet Lemon Blueberry Compote.
I've had an Instant Pot for several years now. While it's not my favorite appliance I do like it when I want to cook something quickly or I need to cook meat that is frozen. I think it makes decent meals.
My husband does not agree. He is not a fan of the Instant Pot for the reason he's not a fan of the slow cooker which is that is overcooks food.
So this past winter I saw so many posts about Instant Pot cheesecake. I love cheesecake and while I already have several good recipes almost all of my cheesecakes crack.
I know to put the cheesecake in a water bath but it doesn't always work in the oven. I was willing to try something different and putting it in the Instant Pot was it.
- graham crackers
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- vanilla bean
- lemon juice
To make the cheesecake place the graham crackers, sugar, butter, and salt in a food processor. Process until they begin to stick together.
Pour the crust mixture into a 6 or 7 inch spring form pan. Press into the bottom of the pan and about 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the cheesecake.
To make the cheesecake filling but the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and flour in the food processor and process until smooth.
Add in the vanilla and mix until combined. Carefully scrape the caviar out of a vanilla bean and add it to the mixture. Stir until combined.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan with your prepared crust.
Place the trivet in the Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water.
Cover the cheesecake tightly with foil. Make sure the seal is tight otherwise you will have a waterlogged cheesecake.
Carefully lower your pan on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot. I had to tilt mine to get it into the Instant Pot and also had to make sure the spring release wasn't sitting on one of the long sides of the trivet.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to 40 minutes high pressure.
Once the cheesecake has cooked for 40 minutes allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes naturally then carefully release the rest of the pressure manually.
Allow the steam to leave the Instant Pot before getting the cheesecake out. Carefully remove it from the pot and take off the foil.
Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature then put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
To make the blueberry compote place the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to serve slice the cheesecake into 8 slices and spoon the blueberry compote over top.
I was so happy when the cheesecake came out of the Instant Pot. The top was perfect with no cracks. It was white with specks from the vanilla bean.
Once I poured the blueberry compote on top it really looked amazing. I couldn't wait to slice it and give it a try. If it tasted half as good as it looked then it would be a winner.
Do I have to use the vanilla bean?
No you do not. I like the little flecks of vanilla you can see in the cheesecake but since you are using vanilla extract it's not necessary to use the vanilla caviar unless you want too.
Can I use a different berry on top of the cheesecake?
Yes! You an make the compote using strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries in place of the blueberries or use all of them for a mixed berry compote!
I don't have a spring form pan. Can I use a regular cake pan?
The answer to this is not really. While you could use a 6 inch cake pan and it would probably bake up fine, it's very difficult to get a cheesecake out of a regular pan because you cannot flip it upside down. Invest in an Instant Pot Spring Form pan.
How do I store this cheesecake?
Keep it in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap. You can also keep it in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The cheesecake was amazing. It was smooth, creamy, and packed full of vanilla flavor. It wasn't too sweet which made it even better.
The blueberry compote is sweet yet a little tart. It's the perfect combination for the cheesecake. I spooned some over top of the whole cheesecake then served a bowl of it on the side so that we could choose to add more if we wanted too.
More Instant Pot Dessert Recipes:
- Instant Pot Lemon Lavender Cheesecake
- The Best Triple Flavor Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Double Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake from Shockingly Delicious
- Instant Pot Carrot Snack Cake from Food Lust People
- Instant Pot Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Kate's Recipe Box
- Classic Instant Pot Cheesecake from House of Nash Eats
If you’ve tried my Instant Pot Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
For the crust:
- 1 c. graham crackers, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the cheesecake:
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, caviar scraped out (the black specks inside the bean)
For the blueberry compote:
- 2 c. blueberries
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Place the graham crackers, sugar, butter, and salt in a food processor. Process until the mixture begins to stick together.
- Pour the crust mixture into a 6 or 7 inch spring
form pan. Press into the bottom of the pan and about 1 inch up the
sides of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you make the
- To make the filling but the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and flour in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and vanilla caviar and mix until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan with your prepared crust.
- Place the trivet in your Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water.
- Cover your cheesecake with foil. Make sure the seal is tight otherwise you will have a waterlogged cheesecake.
- Carefully lower your pan on top of the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to 40 minutes high pressure.
- Once the cheesecake has cooked for 40 minutes allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes naturally then carefully release the rest of the pressure
- Allow the steam to leave the Instant Pot before attempting to get the cheesecake out. Carefully remove it from the pot and take off the foil.
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature then put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours manually.
- Meanwhile, place the blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the blueberry compote into a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and top with the compote.
- Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Happy #NationalCheesecakeDay 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours! Let’s celebrate this delicious day with our favorite cheesecake recipes-- from fruity to chocolatey and mini to InstantPot, we’ve got you covered for your next cheesecake need!
More #NationalCheesecakeDay Recipes
- Peach Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake from That Recipe
- Easy No Bake Cheesecake from Salt & Baker
- Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes from Making Miracles
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from Devour Dinner
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Instant Pot Vanilla Cheesecake from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy No Bake Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar from Blogghetti
- Strawberry Cheesecake from Life Love and Good Food
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
- Instant Pot Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Blueberry Compote from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Bake Fresh Mint Cheesecake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes from The Freshman Cook
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars from The Spiffy Cookie
- Mocha Cheesecake from The Redhead Baker