As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This post is sponsored by Mezzetta but all opinions are my own.
This past weekend my husband and I were so excited to see that our favorite Mediterranean restaurant re-opened! It has been closed for over a year and we were sure it would never open again. When we drove past this weekend we realized that it was open. We went in and had their delicious lunch buffet. They had hummus, pita, Tzatziki, gyros, and vegetables. We both filled up and it was awesome.
Since it was closed for so long we’ve been making Mediterranean at home. One of my favorite dips to make for parties is a Mediterranean Layer Dip. Every time we eat it I think of the times we’ve spent at our favorite restaurant. Plus, it’s always a favorite holiday recipe with our guests when served with pita chips.
I’m not going to lie, most of the time when I make it I use the little black olives in a can. My husband hates those but they are cheap and it’s what I buy. Since I was going to be making the Mediterranean Layer Dip for our holiday party I decided to get the good olives from Mezzetta. They have so many different olives to choose from. After debating for about 5 minutes I chose the martini olives to put in the dip because if they are good enough for a martini, they are good enough for me.
I also went with other quality ingredients. I bought a container of my favorite hummus to be the base of the dip. I also bought sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, artichokes, and all the ingredients I needed to make my own tzatziki sauce.
I layered the ingredients starting with the hummus and ending with the feta cheese. I thought the top could use a bit of color so I cut a few of the Martini Olives in half and sprinkled them in the center of the dip. I put some pita chips around the dish and this holiday appetizer was ready for the party!
For the dip:
- 8 oz. hummus
- 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c. Tzatziki sauce (recipe below)
- 1/2 c. artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 c. roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 c. Martini Olives, sliced
- 1/2 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- Martini Olives, cut in half
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 3/4 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Get an 8 x 8 dish to place the dip in.
- Spread the hummus on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes on top of the hummus.
- Dollop the Tzatziki sauce over top of the tomatoes. Layer the artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, and feta cheese.
- Take a few olive halves and sprinkle in the middle of the dish on top.
- Serve with pita chips.
- To make the Tzatziki sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe