It’s #IcedTeaDay! Are you ready for some fun?
Welcome to #IcedTeaDay hosted by Sue from PalatablePastime. We are so excited to have you join us as we cool off with drinks and treats made with Adagio Tea.
Bloggers are hanging together today to share their favorite iced tea recipes using gourmet teas.
Did you know that June 10th is Iced Tea Day? I had no idea! If I had to pick a favorite cold beverage it would have to be iced tea. I've always liked Iced Tea and have always enjoyed it when it's hot outside, whenever I'm thirsty, and with dinner. Now I know there's a huge debate or sweetened iced tea and unsweetened iced tea but I am firmly in the unsweetened iced tea camp.
I grew up in Pittsburgh and as a child if you went to a restaurant the only option was unsweetened iced tea. I would add some type of sweetener most times but I always thought sweet tea was too sweet. Whenever we went to North Carolina to visit my Aunt Esther it was a huge treat to have sweet tea and I was good for one or two glasses once a year but that was it. I still only drink unsweetened iced tea and now I don't even put sweetener in it.
However, I'm always up for a fun flavored iced tea. In this case the iced tea is sweetened. I've found that wen you order a flavored sweet tea it isn't nearly as sugary as regular sweet tea so I do enjoy it. When I heard about Iced Tea Day I immediately came up with several flavor combinations that I could make. Then I ordered a bunch of tasty loose leaf teas from Adagio Teas.
Adagio Teas has a huge selection of flavored and unflavored teas. I ended up ordering ten different delicious flavored teas and I couldn't wait to try them. My husband and I have sampled several of them already and they are really tasty. The one I ended up using in my Mojito Iced Tea recipe was the Darjeeling Sungma Summer Tea.
Darjeeling Sungma Summer Tea is a second flush black tea from the famous Darjeeling region of India. It produces a rich golden colored tea with a distinctive flavor. It is bright and aromatic and has a floral muscat grape aroma with notes of warm spice and sugary squash. It is perfect for pairing with light and summery flavors.
I made my Mojito Iced Tea by making a simple syrup of sugar, fresh lime juice, and fresh mint leaves. I added the simple syrup to the Darjeeling tea and poured it over ice for a refreshing iced tea blend. The actual tea shined through but was sweetened with the lime and mint syrup. This is the perfect summer beverage because it's light and refreshing. When making the syrup it's easy to make a glass of this Mojito Iced Tea or an entire pitcher to enjoy with friends.
For the Mojito simple syrup:
- ½ c. water
- ½ c. fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons mint leaves
- ½ c. sugar
For the Mojito Iced Tea:
- 2 Tablespoons Adagio Darjeeling Sungma Summer Tea
- 8 c. boiling water
- 4 c. cold water
- ½ c. Mojito simple syrup
- To make the simple syrup combine the water, lime juice, mint leaves, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture into a mason jar and refrigerate.
- To make the iced tea place the Darjeeling tea in a tea ball and place it in a bowl with the boiling water. Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes then remove the tea ball.
- Add the cold water and Mojito simple syrup to the tea and mix well. Refrigerate until chilled.
- When ready to serve pour into ice filled glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and a fresh mint leaf.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Thank you so much, Adagio Teas, for generously supplying the bloggers with product for development and providing a prize package for our readers! We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
Disclaimer: Thank you to our #IcedTeaDay Sponsor: Adagio Tea for providing the prizes free of charge. This company also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #IcedTeaDay. All opinions are my own.
Adagio Teas is giving away a gourmet teas gift pack (valued at $92)
Enter the Contest~Giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Winner will be announced and the prize package sent after the giveaway ends on June 16, 2017. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment.
Take a look at what the #IcedTeaDay Bloggers are creating today!
- Caramel Corn Iced Tea from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cold Brewed Yerba Mate from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Iced Redbush and Elderflower Lemonade Tea from Palatable Pastime
- Iced Tropical Rooibos from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mojito Iced Tea from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Basil Darjeeling Iced Tea from Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Iced Tea from Feeding Big
- Vanilla Caramel Cream Tea Pops from Family Around the Table