I’m all about easy recipes. This means I want limited prep time and limited cook time. In the summer we often cook on the grill because I can put some meat in to marinate and then we throw meat, veggies, and a potato on the grill and it’s ready in under a half hour with little prep time. However, it isn’t always convenient to grill out.
The newest trend in fast meals is the sheet pan suppers. I’m all for them because all you need to do is cut up your meat, potatoes, and veggies, put them on a sheet pan with sauce, and bake. They are super easy to cook and you can prep the veggies ahead of time.
Today I’m sharing a recipe for Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Veggies. You can add whatever you want to this dish but I chose to use chicken, broccoli, carrots, peppers, onions, and fresh pineapple. Then I whipped up a quick teriyaki sauce to pour over top of it.
I popped it in the oven and then put some rice on the stove as my side dish. It only takes about 30 minutes to bake and the prep time is around 10 minutes so you can have a meal on the table in around 45 minutes. The best part is that most of that time is hands off so you can do other things while it’s baking.
If you don’t want to make rice with this dish you could substitute quinoa. You could also make soba noodles and toss the chicken and veggies with them when everything is done cooking. No matter what you pair with it, the whole family will enjoy this easy to make Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Veggies meal for a weeknight dinner.
For the sauce:
- 1 c. soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ c, water
For the chicken and veggies:
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 c. broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 c. sliced carrots
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. pineapple chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place on the sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch and water in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and water and mix well. Add to the sauce, whisking continuously, and bring to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add all of the veggies and pineapple to the sheet pan.
- Cover the chicken and veggies with ¾ of the sauce. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cover with remaining sauce.
- Serve with rice, noodles, or quinoa.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic