Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there. I’d like to take a minute to give a shout out to my husband who is an amazing father to our 22 month old son. I don’t know what I’d do without him as he is with J all day while I’m at work and then does his own work at night after I get home. I’d also like to give a shout out to my own dad who did pretty much the same thing when I was a child. It was great having one on one time with my dad during the day and I’m glad J is getting that same experience with his dad.
Today I’m sharing the perfect summer patriotic recipe. It’s a Summer Berry Icebox Cake. This cake is great for summer because there is absolutely no baking involved. I used strawberries and blueberries because they work with the patriotic theme but you could use blackberries and raspberries as well if you like them better. I also used white chocolate pudding mix but the original recipe calls for vanilla pudding mix.
This cake is great because of how easy it is. There are only a handful of ingredients and really all you need to do is layer them in a pan, refrigerate it over night, and then serve! It’s that simple. Plus it’s a refreshing dessert for summer that isn’t overly sweet and it has fruit in it so that means it’s semi-healthy, right?
The base of the cake is layers of graham crackers. You may think that this would make for a hard crust but when they are topped with the cream cheese, whipped cream, pudding mixture it makes the graham crackers soft and cake-like. It’s really neat to see how they change from regular old graham crackers into more of a soft crust.
The flavors in this cake are simple but yummy. Fresh berries burst in your mouth around hints of whipped cream, cheesecake, and white chocolate. I like that there is a drizzle of white chocolate on the top as well as it just ties all the flavors together. This is a great summer dessert for all of your patriotic summer parties and events.
- 1 box graham crackers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 packages white chocolate pudding
- 2 c. milk
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1½ c. fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. white chocolate
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and pudding mix with a blender until combined.
- Beat in the milk.
- Stir in the Cool Whip, saving ½ cup.
- Spread a thin layer of the reserved Cool Whip on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the pan, then break up 2 more to finish fitting them around the edges.
- Spread a layer of the pudding mixture over top of the graham crackers and top with a layer of blueberries and sliced strawberries. Repeat these layers 2 more times ending by arranging the berries to look nice on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- When ready to serve, melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until melted.
- Drizzle over top of cake and serve.
Patriotic Party Ideas
- Easy Flag Fruit Kabobs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Patriotic Fruit and Cheese Skewers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red White and Blue Burgers by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Red White and Blueberry Parfait by Art of Natural Living
- Red, White, and Blue Scones by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shortcake Bar by The Freshman Cook
We share Recipes From Our Dinner Table! Join our group and share your recipes, too! While you're at it, join our Pinterest board, too!
I need all the no-bake recipes in the summer. This one is so festive too!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng
This is so cute! What a perfect July 4th picnic treat!
[email protected] Freshman Cook
No bake desserts are so much fun! I love making them for summer events! This is pretty and mouthwatering! I love how you decorated the top!
Cheese Curd In Paradise
This is so pretty! My kiddos would love it at our cottage over 4th of July weekend!
That sounds wonderful and is soooooo festive! I bet it's a huge hit for family gatherings.
Love easy peasy no bake desserts. This is perfect for a 4th of July picnic.