As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there. I’d like to take a minute to give a shout out to my husband who is an amazing father to our 22 month old son. I don’t know what I’d do without him as he is with J all day while I’m at work and then does his own work at night after I get home.
I’d also like to give a shout out to my own dad who did pretty much the same thing when I was a child. It was great having one on one time with my dad during the day and I’m glad J is getting that same experience with his dad.
Today I’m sharing the perfect summer patriotic recipe. It’s a Summer Berry Icebox Cake. This cake is great for summer because there is absolutely no baking involved.
I used strawberries and blueberries because they work with the patriotic theme but you could use blackberries and raspberries as well if you like them better. I also used white chocolate pudding mix but the original recipe calls for vanilla pudding mix.
This cake is great because of how easy it is. There are only a handful of ingredients and really all you need to do is layer them in a pan, refrigerate it over night, and then serve! It’s that simple. Plus it’s a refreshing dessert for summer that isn’t overly sweet and it has fruit in it so that means it’s semi-healthy, right?
The base of the cake is layers of graham crackers. You may think that this would make for a hard crust but when they are topped with the cream cheese, whipped cream, pudding mixture it makes the graham crackers soft and cake-like. It’s really neat to see how they change from regular old graham crackers into more of a soft crust.
The flavors in this cake are simple but yummy. Fresh berries burst in your mouth around hints of whipped cream, cheesecake, and white chocolate. I like that there is a drizzle of white chocolate on the top as well as it just ties all the flavors together. This is a great summer dessert for all of your patriotic summer parties and events.
- 1 box graham crackers
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 packages white chocolate pudding
- 2 c. milk
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 oz. white chocolate
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and pudding mix with a blender until combined.
- Beat in the milk.
- Stir in the Cool Whip, saving 1/2 cup.
- Spread a thin layer of the reserved Cool Whip on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Layer 5 graham crackers across the pan, then break up 2 more to finish fitting them around the edges.
- Spread a layer of the pudding mixture over top of the graham crackers and top with a layer of blueberries and sliced strawberries. Repeat these layers 2 more times ending by arranging the berries to look nice on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.
- When ready to serve, melt the white chocolate in a bowl in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until melted.
- Drizzle over top of cake and serve.
Recipe adapted from Cakes Cottage
Patriotic Party Ideas
- Easy Flag Fruit Kabobs by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Bake Summer Berry Icebox Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Patriotic Fruit and Cheese Skewers by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red White and Blue Burgers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Red White and Blueberry Parfait by Art of Natural Living
- Red, White, and Blue Scones by Culinary Adventures with Camill