One of my favorite drinks is iced tea. I can drink it all year long, even in the dead of winter. It’s so much more refreshing than soda or juice and it costs just pennies to make at home. I’m a big fan of unsweetened iced tea but every now and then I like to make a lightly sweetened flavored iced tea.
Did you know that this month is National Iced Tea Month? What a perfect month for it since it’s getting so hot outside! Today I’m sharing my Sparkling Peach Iced tea which is a great choice for a ladies tea, brunch, or just a summer gathering.
This recipe is so simple and you can make as much or as little as you’d like. I like to make an entire pitcher because it stays good for 4 or 5 days so I can drink it over ice all week long. While I added peach syrup to the tea you could use peach nectar or even blended peaches for a slightly different flavor.
The type of tea you chose to you is entirely up to you as well. I find green tea to pair well with citrus fruits but I think it’s a little too bland for this beverage. I like a strong black tea to hold up to the peach flavor.
I actually ended up using peach flavored sparkling water in this recipe but you can use regular sparkling water or a flavor that would pair well with peach such as blueberry or strawberry for extra hints of flavor. However you make this tea, it’s a fruity and refreshing beverage best served iced cold with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lemon.
- 2 c. strong brewed tea, cooled
- 2 c. sparkling water
- 3 T. peach syrup (or peach nectar)
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedges
- Mint leaves
- If making ahead of time simply combine the tea and peach syrup in a pitcher and chill.
- When ready to serve pour the sparkling water into the peach tea mixture and fill the pitcher with ice cubes.
- Pour into tall glasses filled with ice and serve with lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Check out these other refreshing Iced Tea recipes for National Iced Tea Month:
- Chamomile Arnold Palmer from The Beard and The Baker
- Cucumber Mint Iced Tea from Our Good Life
- Hibiscus Iced Tea Margarita from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jasmine and Spruce Tip Tea from Palatable Pastime
- Magical Color-Changing Iced Tisane from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Minty Blueberry Iced Tea from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Sparkling Hibiscus Iced Tea from Blogghetti
- Sparkling Peach Iced Tea from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks