I'm always on the look out for delicious meals that I can prepare quickly and don't have a ton of clean up. When I get home from work the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen cooking and then more time cleaning up. I've been creating a lot of different one pot dishes and they've been turning out great.
Now there is a difference between a quick meal I throw together and a real homestyle meal. To me a homestyle meal means one that is made with love and fresh ingredients. It also doesn't hurt that I'm able to make a delicious meal with fresh ingredients in just under 30 minutes. Who says you have to spend all day in the kitchen to make a homestyle meal?
When making a quick one pot meal there isn't time to simmer a delicious sauce of low heat for hours ahead of time. That's why I used New Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty pasta sauce. There are 5 tasty flavors and each one is so thick and flavorful it tastes like it's been simmering on the stove all day.
This recipe starts out by browning the sausage in the pan. Then I put in the water, pasta, onion, mushrooms, and spices. I let it cook down until most of the water was gone then I added in the broccoli and the Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce. I let the sauce get hot and the dish is done.
It's so easy to make and it smells amazing while it's cooking. I like to top mine with parmesan cheese for added flavor. So the next time you're looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe, make this delicious One Pot Pasta with Ragu pasta sauce.
- ½ lb. sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 c. water
- 8 oz. bow tie pasta
- ½ onion, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 c. broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- ½ t. salt
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Crumble the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sausage has browned.
- Add in the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the water, bow tie pasta, onion, mushrooms, oregano, and black pepper. Turn the heat to medium high, cover the skillet, and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the broccoli, Ragu pasta sauce, salt, and heavy cream and mix well. Continue heating over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is hot.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe