This is a fun and easy to make craft that kids as young as toddlers can make for Easter! While toddlers may need some help to make these eggs older children could probably make them on their own.
All that is needed for this craft is different shapes of dry pasta, paint, construction paper, and craft glue. The noodles can be colored in one of two ways. For younger kids I recommend you put the noodles in a baggie, put a few drops of paint in the baggie, seal it up, and shake until they are covered. Then simply pour the noodles out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil to dry.
Older kids can use paintbrushes and carefully paint the different noodles in the colors they would like. These should also be placed to dry on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Since the paint needs to dry this is a good project to either do over two days or to paint in the morning then put together in the afternoon. Make sure to save any noodles you don't use for another project.
Once the paint has dried you need to cut out Easter egg shapes from construction paper and then the kids can glue the pasta noodles all over the eggs. If you are feeling extra fun and festive you can put glue all over the eggs after they are finished and sprinkle with glitter to make them sparkle!
- 1-2 cups dried pasta
- 4 colors craft paint
- 4 baggies
- 4 sheets construction paper
- craft glue
- Divide your pasta into 4 groups. Place one group in each of the 4 baggies.
- Drop 5-10 drops of paint in each bag and seal.
- Shake the bag until the pasta is covered with the paint.
- Pour the noodles onto a parchment lined baking sheet and allow to dry.
- Cut egg shapes out of the construction paper.
- Glue the painted pasta noodles onto the egg.
- Allow the glue to dry then decorate your house with the eggs!
Craft from the Best Ideas for Kids