As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Oven Roasted Asparagus topped with sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and feta drizzled with lemon and olive oil is a tasty side dish that requires little effort.
I’ve been struggling with vegetable side dishes again. Most nights I either chop up a bunch of veggies and roast then in the oven with olive oil and garlic or I make one of a handful of my standard recipes. I’ve been getting tired of the same old vegetables so I’ve really been looking for some new ones.
When I saw this roasted asparagus recipe I was intrigued. I love sun dried tomatoes and the addition of cheese sealed the deal. The original recipe called for Parmesan but we ran out several days ago (which is a whole other story) and I decided to use feta instead.
To make the asparagus I simply cut the bottoms off the vegetable and placed it on a baking sheet. Then I grabbed a jar of julienne cut sun dried tomatoes and put that on top of the asparagus. I sprinkled it with garlic and feta. Then I whisked lemon juice and olive oil and poured it on top of the asparagus.
The asparagus smelled delicious as it was baking. I’m not usually one to like that smell but combined with the lemon and garlic it was very fragrant. When I pulled it out of the oven I was happy to note that the asparagus wasn’t over cooked. I hate when it is limp and mushy.
In this recipe the asparagus gets soft but still has a bit of bite to it. The feta softens in the oven and the lemon and olive make the perfect pairing to the asparagus and tomatoes. My husband and I both really enjoyed this as a vegetable side dish and we’ll be having it again soon!
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- Use smaller asparagus because they tend to be more tender.
- If you don’t have any feta you could use goat cheese or grated Parmesan cheese instead.
- Add some pine nuts to the asparagus for an added crunch.
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 c. sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1/4 c. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture over top of the asparagus.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until asparagus is tender but not overcooked.
Recipe adapted from The Cookie Rookie
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 6g
Celebrate Spring Sides
- Creamy Pasta Primavera by Making Miracles
- Cucumber and Purple Daikon Radish Salad with Dill Dressing by Blogghetti
- Curried Peas by Magical Ingredients
- Herb Roasted Artichokes by That Recipe
- Homemade German Spaetzles by Art of Natural Living
- Roasted Asparagus with Feta and Sun Dried Tomatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup by Karen’s Kitchen Stories