A refreshing cocktail made with flavors of peach, lime, and plenty of tequila served over ice with a salted rim this Peach Margarita is a winning combination!
I've been working on cocktails this week because it's been a little stressful. I'm usually stocked up on mixers and different kinds of liquor and today was no exception. I went down to the basement to see what I could make and came upstairs with a bottle of apple syrup, peach syrup, and triple sec.
The triple sec made me think of margaritas and after a glance in the pantry I found a pint bottle of tequila. I looked at the bottle of peach syrup and decided that peach margaritas sounded delicious.
It's really easy to make this drink, it only has 5 ingredients! There's peach syrup, triple sec, tequila, and lime juice then you pour fizzy water on top.
The Peach Margarita is super refreshing. It's sweet from the peach syrup and tart from the lime juice. The fizzy water makes it bubbly and fun. The salt on the rim adds another dimension to the drink as well. I could sip on these all summer long!
Pro Tips & Substitutions:
- Don't have peach syrup at home? You can make it by combining ¼ cup of water, ¼ cup of sugar, and 1 chopped peach (skin removed) to a saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes then strain through a sieve and let cool.
- Want a different flavor? You can use orange, pineapple, or strawberry syrup or juice in place of the peach syrup.
- Like it frozen? Simple throw the ingredients (minus the fizzy water and adding 1 cup of ice) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 1 oz. peach syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. tequila
- Bubbly water
- kosher salt
- Use a wedge of lime and run it around the rim a glass. Dip the rim into the kosher salt to cover.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker combine the peach syrup, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila. Shake for 30 seconds then pour into the prepared glass.
- Fill the glass with bubbly water.
- Add a straw and give it a stir.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.