This is my last week of school before I’m out for the summer. I’m not going to lie, it’s been a long last couple of weeks of school. After state testing is done it feels like we should go right in to summer but this year we have had a full month of teaching of testing. That’s fine for the teachers but it’s really hard for the kids because they are just drained from days and days of testing.
I’ll be honest, since I’m a special education teacher and have to do testing with third, fourth, and fifth grade I’m tired after 18 days of state testing too so I know how the kids feel. So with only 4 more days with the kids then one more day for me I’m really looking forward to some time off at home with my toddler and my husband.
Thinking about the end of the school year also has me thinking about all things summer. One of the first things I plan on doing is celebrating the end of the school year and what could be better than sipping on a refreshing cocktail. I wanted something fruity to start off my summer and I came up with the perfect summer cocktail.
This Peach Moscow Mule has just the right amount of sweet and spicy in it. It’s great served over ice so it’s a good summertime cocktail. Plus the flavors of ginger and peach along with a splash of extra bubbly water make it a fun one to drink.
I ended up serving it in a cup with a straw but I think it would be fun in a cup rimmed with colored sugar or garnished with a slice of fresh peach and a sprig of mint as well. Any way you serve it it’s refreshing and delicious!
- 6 oz. ginger beer
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1-2 t. peach simple syrup
- 3-4 oz. bubbly water
- Place ice in a large glass. Pour the ginger beer, vodka, and peach syrup into the cup and stir.
- Add in bubbly water to fill the glass. Give it a stir and enjoy!
Sensational Summer Cocktails
- Bijou Cocktail by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Blue Lemonade by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy BeerGarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hemingway Daquiri Martini by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Peach Moscow Mule by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Rosemary Lemon Smash by Our Good Life
- Sex with the Captain by GirlAbroad
- Spicy Mango Old Fashioned by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Star Wars Galaxy Edge Yub Nub by Simply Inspired Meals
- Strawberry Basil Mojito by Home Sweet Homestead
- Watermelon Moscow Mule by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Wine & Strawberry Slushies by Kate’s Recipe Box