I'm not sure if you know this but I'm a pear nut. Growing up I wasn't a big fan of pears probably because I often got the mealy ones in the school cafeteria. Now that I'm an adult, I've had the pleasure of trying a multitude of different pears and I really enjoy them! I've also learned that I like things that are pear flavored. To get the best pear flavor you need to bite into a firm and juicy pear. They are great.
So when I was in the liquor store and saw that they had pear flavored vodka I had to buy it. I looked for a small bottle but since they didn't have any I went ahead and bought the full sized bottle. I figured I'd find a few fun drinks to make with it.
The first drink I made with the pear vodka was a pear and cranberry orange cocktail. It sounds like a whole lot of flavors but it tastes like a tropical fruit punch. Well, it tastes like an adult version of fruit punch which is great for a summer pool party which is the theme for this weeks Sunday Supper event. I even managed to find some fresh cranberries to garnish the drink!
The cocktail is made with pear vodka and orange liqueur. Then cranberry juice and lime juice is added. The cranberry juice adds some sweetness to the drink and the lime juice adds a bit of tartness. It's a great combination. I also rimmed the glass with orange sugar and placed the fresh cranberries on top.
For the cocktail:
- 2 oz. pear vodka
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- cranberry juice
For the garnish:
- 5 cranberries
- cocktail stirrer
- orange sugar
- Dip the rim of a low ball glass in honey and then dip into orange sugar. Fill with ice.
- Pour the pear vodka, orange liqueur, and lime juice in the glass. Fill with cranberry juice and give it a swirl to stir.
- Place the 5 cranberries on a cocktail stirrer and lay across the top of the glass.
Adapted from Tablespoon
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline's Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma's Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:
- 5 Fantastic Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M's Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Itâ€™s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.