This post is sponsored on behalf of #ChristmasCookiesWeek. The generous sponsors, YumGoggle, Sprinkle Pop, Silpat and Adams Extracts have provided us with products for recipe creation and a giveaway for our readers. As always, all opinions are my own.
Thank you to Ellen at Family Around the Table and Christie at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookiesWeek. Check out the end of this post for the awesome #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaways!
Once the weather starts getting colder I immediately begin to start looking for Christmas cookies. There’s just something about the chilly weather that makes me want to get in the kitchen and start baking. Of course I have my list of favorite Christmas cookies but I always like to make one or two new cookies each year to add to my growing list.
This year one of the first cookies I tried were these Peppermint Meltaway Cookies. Not only did I think they sounded delicious but I thought they looked really pretty as well. I’m all for decorated Christmas cookies that don’t take too long to decorate. In this case they have a simple frosting and crushed peppermint or candy canes on top.
The recipe is really an easy one. There aren’t too many ingredients in it. You do need to chill the dough so make these in advance. You can also refrigerate them over night which is nice because you can make the dough a day ahead of time.
Since these are peppermint meltaway cookies I used Adams Pure Peppermint Extract in the cookies. It gave them a burst of peppermint flavor that went perfectly with the melt in your mouth cookie. To top it off I made peppermint frosting with the peppermint extract as well as Adams Food Coloring to make it pink in color.
I thought these turned out great. They looked fun and festive and tasted amazing. I love how soft they are and that there is frosting on top of them. These would be the perfect Christmas cookie exchange cookie!
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. Adams Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1½ c. flour
- 2 T. melted butter
- 2 T. milk
- ½ t. Adams Pure Peppermint Extract
- 2-3 drops Adams Red Food Coloring
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. crushed candy canes
- In a large bowl combine the butter and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add in the peppermint extract and flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerate and scoop with a one inch cookie scoop onto cookie sheets, two inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute on the baking sheets before removing them to cool completely on the wire racks.
- To make the frosting combine the butter and milk. It may look curdled but don't worry, it'll come together.
- Add in the peppermint extract and food coloring and mix well.
- Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Spread the frosting on each of the cookies and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Monday Recipes
- Ach Tannebaum’ Iced Sugar Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Butter Pecan Nuggets by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Christmas Macarons by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christmas Rosette Sugar Cookies by Love and Confections
- Christmas Sprinkle Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Classic Spritz by Books n’ Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Frostbite Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Gingerbread Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Caroline’s Cooking
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Peanut Butter Cutout Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peppermint Meltaways by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Pizzelles by Girl Abroad
- Peppermint Thins by Palatable Pastime
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by Yumgoggle
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by The Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread by Kate’s Recipe Box
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies by The Redhead Baker
- Whoville Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Prize Package #1:
From Adams Extracts comes a selection of baking delights including their prize-winning pound cake mix, pure vanilla extract, pure peppermint extract, double strength pure vanilla extract, pound cake flavor extract and vanilla cinnamon sugar.
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla was sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams, whose imagination was stirred by his wife’s yearning for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out, announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted.
Prize Package #2:
YumGoggle is giving away a variety of holiday and Christmas cookie cutters. The winner of this prize package will receive a sleigh, large ornament and two cookie cutter sets. The first is a mug/ sweater set called Ugly Sweater Specialty Cookie Cutter Set and the second is a Santa/ reindeer set called North Pole Specialty Cookie Cutter Set. Each set includes 2 cookie cutters, 2 templates, 2 instruction cars and 4 bonus templates.
The YumGoggle gallery features food photography from contributors around the world. If you’re looking for a recipe, chances are you’ll find it on YumGoggle. The photos not only whet your appetite but you can easily find the recipes by clicking the photo.
Prize Package #3:
The winner of this Sprinkle Pop prize package will get their choice of 3 sprinkle varieties, at $35.00 value. Winner will be contacted by or need to contact Sprinkle Pop for fulfillment.
Sprinkle Pop offers trendy sprinkle mixes that you won’t find anywhere else. Fun fact: Over 50% of their sprinkle mixes are dyed in house, making each experience one of a kind. Sprinkle Pop also creates one of a kind confetti shapes that are unique to their mixes. Make every occasion a festive one with these fun sprinkle creations.
Prize Package #4:
One winner will receive an 11 5/8 inch x 16 1/2 inch Silpat® baking mat which is perfect for all of your cookie baking throughout the year. Reduces the need for parchment and is reusable.
The original silicone baking mat made from a dedicated silicone with reinforced fiberglass mesh. Nothing sticks to Silpat® which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your baking creations. Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays.
- Multi-purpose non-stick silicone baking and pastry mat.
- No cooking sprays, oils or parchment paper needed.
- Not to be used as a cutting surface.
- Can be used in the oven, microwave and freezer.
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.