This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Every year when Christmas rolls around I begin getting requests for Christmas cookies. Prior to having J I would make close to 50 dozen cookies for family and friends. Since he was born I make a few dozen here and there. One of my most popular cookies is always the Peanut Butter Blossom.
Peanut Butter Blossoms are simply peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle. I actually hate making them because I don’t like peanut butter. Since I think what makes them so popular is the chocolate kiss in the center I began looking for a better cookie to make in place of them. I came up with these fun White Christmas Kiss Cookies.
White Christmas Kiss Cookies start with a simple and traditional sugar cookie dough. Before they are placed in the oven they are rolled in sprinkles. Now I know that a lot of sprinkles lose some of their color or look a little faded after they are baked but that was totally what I was looking for in these. I used “Oh Snow Cute” sprinkle mix from Sprinkle Pop. I love the combination of icy blue sprinkles with white snowflakes dotted with bright red and shiny silver. It just reminded me of a white Christmas.
I rolled my cookie balls in the sprinkles and baked them in the oven. They came out looking perfect! The blue and red sprinkles started to melt a little bit and looked like melting snow and a winter wonderland. I was totally in love with these cookies. I quickly pushes a white chocolate candy cane kiss in the middle of each one then let them cool.
The resulting cookies were fabulous. They were sweet and crunchy on the outside with the gorgeous layer of sprinkles and a creamy white chocolate candy cane kiss center. Not only are they super fun to look at, they taste amazing too!
I think these would be a fun and festive cookie to make for an exchange or to have laying out at a holiday party. Want to buy these sprinkles for yourself? Check them out HERE!
- 1½ c. flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 T. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. Sprinkle Pop Oh Snow Cute sprinkle mix
- 24 White Chocolate Candy Cane Kisses
- In a medium bowl combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the egg and mix well.
- Stir in the mix and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour or until it is easy to handle.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each dough ball into the sprinkles and set them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press your thumb into the middle of the dough to make an indentation.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes or until they just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 1 minute. Press a kiss into the center of each cookie and let them rest for 3 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Tuesday Recipes
- Authentic Italian Pizzelles by House of Nash Eats
- Chocolate Cherry Totos by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Dipped Fluffernutter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Christmas Tree Whoopie Pies by The Freshman Cook
- Cranberry Kit-Kat Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Delicious Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Gingernuts by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Havreflarn Norwegian Oatmeal Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Iced Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Peppermint Snowball Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Soft Gingerbread Cut Out Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- The Best Soft Sugar Cookies by The Saucy Fig
- White Christmas Kiss Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- White Christmas Peppermint Holiday Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Don’t forget to enter the giveaways!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.