This post sponsored by Barleans but all opinions are 100% my own.
Who likes popcorn? My husband and I love popcorn. We often microwave a bag at home as an evening snack but our favorite popcorn is movie theater popcorn. We don't often have it and I love the butter and salt on top of it. It's delicious.
When I was a kid my dad would sometimes make popcorn on the stove and then melt butter in a separate pan and mix it all together. It was such a treat to have stove top popcorn and I always enjoyed it. Plus we usually enjoyed it as a family which was nice.
Nowadays we usually just have a bag of microwave popcorn although I have been known to make some fun flavored popcorn. My favorite flavored popcorn to date is probably the BBQ popcorn because it's both sweet and smokey. Make sure to check it out if you like BBQ flavor.
This month the Barlean's Blogger Challenge was to make flavored popcorn using Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, organic popcorn, and a Lekue popcorn maker. I've never seen the Lekue popcorn maker before but it's really neat. It flattens out for easy storage but it expands to make a large bowl with a lid. You simply place popcorn kernels in the bottom along with a bit of Butter Flavored Coconut Oil and a shake of salt and then microwave it until it's cooked!
I had fun experimenting with the popcorn. It was really delicious with just the Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil and salt but I wanted to make something a little more exotic. I've been on a sweet kick lately so I went in the opposite direction and made a savory popcorn. I chose to make Pizza Flavored Popcorn.
Whenever I think of pizza I think of three main flavors. I think of cheese, garlic, and oregano. That made it easy to make a pizza flavored popcorn. I added additional Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, and salt to the popcorn and shook it up in a bag. The result was a delicious Pizza Flavored Popcorn!
- ⅓ c, organic popcorn kernels
- 2 T. Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil, divided
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese
- 2 t. salt, divided
- 2 t. oregano
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Place the popcorn kernels, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 teaspoon of salt in the bottom of the Lekue popcorn maker. Place the lid on top.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 2-3 minutes, listening for when there is 3-4 seconds in between pops to turn off the microwave.
- Carefully remove the popcorn from the microwave. Pour half of it in a gallon size zip top bag.
- Place the remaining coconut oil in a microwave safe dish and heat for 30 seconds or until melted. Pour half of the coconut oil over top of the popcorn in the bag. Zip bag closed and shake.
- In a small bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, remaining salt, oregano, and garlic powder. Mix well then pour half of the seasoning over top of the popcorn in the bag. Zip bag closed and shake.
- Open bag and pour in the remaining popcorn followed by remaining coconut oil and remaining seasoning.
- Zip the bag closed and shake until popcorn is well coated with seasoning. Enjoy!
Want to make your own delicious flavored popcorn? I'm giving away 1 container of Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil and a Lekue popcorn maker. Giveaway is open to residents of the United States ages 18 and older. Giveaway will end on May 26, 2017 at midnight. Winner will be e-mailed on May 27, 2017 and will have 48 hours to reply or another winner will be chosen. Simply fill out the Rafflecoptor form to enter!