As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Fiesta Pinwheels are an easy snack or appetizer recipe made with a tortilla filled with your favorite taco flavors then rolled and cut into pinwheels!
I’m sharing a recipe for Fiesta Pinwheels. This is a super easy recipe to make and it’s bursting with flavor. I first tasted these Fiesta Pinwheels at my cousin’s baby shower last year. Her friend made a ton of them and I kept going back for more. There’s just something about them that I really enjoyed.
One of the things I like about these Fiesta Pinwheels is that they are made with ingredients that I always have on hand. That means that if we are having people over at the last minute I can whip these up with what I have in my refrigerator. They are basically a spicy Mexican type wrap cut into bite sized pieces.
While you can make them and serve them immediately, they taste better when they’ve been refrigerated for several hours before serving. The filling is made of cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, cheese, green chilies, and taco seasoning. Then the filling is spread on tortillas and they are wrapped up and sliced.
These are a delicious appetizer or snack perfect for summer parties or entertaining because they don’t need to be cooked. If you leave out the green chilies they’d also be great to put in kids lunches. You can add or take out whatever you like but make sure to leave the cream cheese and sour cream as that is the base for these pinwheels.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 salsa
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 c. Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning. Mix well until combined.
- Add in the green chilies, cheese, and green onions and mix well.
- Spoon the filling on to the tortillas making sure to leave a half inch edge around the outside.
- Roll the tortillas up tightly and put on a plate. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Slice into 1 inch pinwheels and serve with either sour cream or salsa.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Other delicious appetizer recipes:
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings