This week I’m celebrating Sunday Supper with my favorite Sunday Supper friends! It’s always a great time when I’m able to meet up with other bloggers for fun, learning, and food. This week the Sunday Supper Movement is sharing our favorite Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining.
I’m sharing a recipe for Fiesta Pinwheels. This is a super easy recipe to make and it’s bursting with flavor. I first tasted these Fiesta Pinwheels at my cousin’s baby shower last year. Her friend made a ton of them and I kept going back for more. There’s just something about them that I really enjoyed.
One of the things I like about these Fiesta Pinwheels is that they are made with ingredients that I always have on hand. That means that if we are having people over at the last minute I can whip these up with what I have in my refrigerator. They are basically a spicy Mexican type wrap cut into bite sized pieces.
While you can make them and serve them immediately, they taste better when they’ve been refrigerated for several hours before serving. The filling is made of cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, cheese, green chilies, and taco seasoning. Then the filling is spread on tortillas and they are wrapped up and sliced.
These are a delicious appetizer or snack perfect for summer parties or entertaining because they don’t need to be cooked. If you leave out the green chilies they’d also be great to put in kids lunches. You can add or take out whatever you like but make sure to leave the cream cheese and sour cream as that is the base for these pinwheels.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ salsa
- 1 T. taco seasoning
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 c. Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 tortillas
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning. Mix well until combined.
- Add in the green chilies, cheese, and green onions and mix well.
- Spoon the filling on to the tortillas making sure to leave a half inch edge around the outside.
- Roll the tortillas up tightly and put on a plate. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Slice into 1 inch pinwheels and serve with either sour cream or salsa.
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement