Healthy Morning Muffins (adapted from Not Rachel Ray)
1 ½ c. flour
½ c. packed brown sugar
3 T. flax seed
½ t. baking soda
½ t. baking powder
⅓ c. low fat milk
1 apple; peeled, cored, and diced
4. Fold in the apple and banana. Fill each muffin cup almost to the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
Honey Pumpkin Butter (Adapted from Not Rachel Ray)
Pumpkin Pie Dip (again from Not Rachel Ray)
8 oz. package of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 c. pumpkin puree
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. vanilla
1 T. Bicardi rum
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and rum. Beat on high with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. One cup at a time add in the powdered sugar until the dip is smooth and reaches the desired consistency.
3. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon freshly nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cloves
¼ t. salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Store in an air tight container for up to 6 months.