As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is next week already? After January being the longest month in history I think February is already flying by. I haven’t made many treats yet so when I set out to get started fudge was first on my list.
Why fudge? Because one of the easiest but most loved desserts is fudge. It only takes about 10 minutes to make but everyone loves it. I have around 15 fudge recipes on the blog but there is always room for one more. When thinking about Valentine’s Day everyone thinks of the color red which made me think of Red Velvet.
I’ve made a lot of fudge in my time but I wanted to try something new. This Red Velvet Fudge was perfect. It’s a combination of red chocolate fudge and white chocolate fudge. The two are swirled together in a beautiful pattern.
Most of the fudge I make is the easy kind where you melt the chocolate and stir in the sweetened condensed milk but this is real fudge. By real fudge I mean it’s butter and sugar and half and half combined on the stove and then the chocolate added to it. It makes the best melt in your mouth fudge and it only takes a few more minutes then easy fudge.
This Red Velvet Fudge was delicious and looked so pretty! The red and white swirl screamed holiday and the combination of chocolate and white chocolate was super tasty. The fudge started melting as soon as it hit my tongue and made for an awesome treat.
Red Velvet Fudge
- 3 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. butter
- 2/3 c. half and half
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow fluff
- 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- red food coloring
- Cover a 9 x 9 pan with foil and set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the butter, sugar, and half and half. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add in the marshmallow fluff and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the white chocolate chips until melted.
- Mix together the chocolate chips and red food coloring in a large bowl. Add in half of the white chocolate mixture and stir until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Add half of the white chocolate mixture to the prepared pan. Add dollops of red chocolate mixture on top of the white chocolate. Add the remaining white chocolate mixture and top with dollops of the remaining red chocolate mixture.
- Use a butter knife and swirl the two chocolate fudge mixtures together into a pretty pattern.
- Place fudge in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and remove the fudge from the pan using the foil. Cut into squares and enjoy!