Who does the cooking in your house for the holidays? While you may think it is me in our family, it's not. My mom does the majority of the cooking. I usually help by bringing dessert and sometimes side dishes. One thing we seem to lack are creative vegetable side dishes.
It's not that we lack vegetables, it's just that we always have the same vegetables at holidays. Sometimes I like a little variety to my vegetables. Nothing fancy, just simple and delicious. I recently through together these roasted carrots and they were a huge hit at our house! It literally took me maybe 5 minutes to throw them together and pop them in the oven.
The butter and herbs caramelize on the carrots and the flavor is just incredible. Hard to believe there are so few ingredients and it takes so little effort. This is definitely an easy side dish for those of you hosting at your houses for the holidays!
Roasted Carrots (a Hezzi-D original)
2 lb. carrots
3 T. butter, melted
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. sea salt
1 t. fresh ground black pepper
1 T. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Peel the carrots then cut them in half lengthwise and width-wise. Each carrot should be in 4 pieces. If you have really large carrots, cut them lengthwise a second time.
3. Place the carrots in a large bowl along with the melted butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley. Toss to combine and pour onto the baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping carrots twice during baking, until they are golden.
5. Remove from oven and serve immediately.