As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Have you all seen the Monster Milkshake craze? I mean some of these milkshakes are out of control. I’ve seen milkshakes stacked with a double bacon cheeseburger. I’ve seen milkshakes stacked with a short stack of pancakes and fruit. I’ve even seen the milkshake piled sky high with different candies. I’ll be honest; I think some of them are over the top extreme and not something anyone could eat.
However, I like the concept of a Monster milkshake. Taking a regular old milkshake and adding some extra ingredients to make it over the top. I like adding something to the rim of the milkshake and also adding fun colored sprinkles. Then I top the milkshake off with a few pieces of candy or cookies and two straws so that it can be shared.
So for my first monster milkshake I made a Sea Salt Caramel Cookie Milkshake. That doesn’t sound too bad does it? I even made a video to show how easy it is to make! Once I assemble the ingredients it takes about 2 minutes to make the actual milkshake. The best part is you don’t even have to use the same ingredients I do, you can switch it up for whatever you have in the house.
So let’s talk about the base of the milkshake. It’s a simple base of vanilla ice cream, milk, sea salt, and caramel. There’s nothing funky or monster about that. So to make it a little more “monster” I added in some vanilla sandwich cookies. It’s easy to simply through them in the blender with the other ingredients and in fact it makes the milkshake just a little bit thicker. So that’s it for the base.
Now let’s talk about the rim and the toppings. The rim is an awesome combination of cookie butter and caramel. Oh yes I did! I combined caramel sauce and cookie butter to give me a nice, smooth sauce that I could spread around the rim. Bonus points because it tastes amazing and you may want to make extra to pour over top of your next sundae.
I spread the topping all over the rim of the milkshake glass and then sprinkled it with gold and black sprinkles. I used gold because it reminded me of the caramel. I used black just to give it a little depth. Then I simply poured the caramel milkshake into the glass. Are you getting hungry yet? Because I think it’s pretty awesome just like that but now it’s time to get monster.
This is what I did for the toppings. First I piled on the whipped cream. Normally I like to make my own but in this case I used the spray can and it worked beautifully. I then topped it with homemade caramel corn. If you don’t want to make it yourself you can buy it, it’s no big deal but it’s delicious.
Then I drizzled everything with caramel sauce. Next I stuck a few whole vanilla sandwich cookies into the whipped cream as well as mini Twix bars. How fun is that?? Then I put in two straws so my husband and I could share.
Can I just say that this milkshake is amazing? It tastes like caramel and sea salt and then there is a hint of the vanilla cookie. My husband liked dipping the whole cookies into the milkshake and I liked using the Twix. But don’t take my word for it, make it for yourself!
For the rim:
- ¼ c. cookie butter
- ¼ c. caramel sauce
- ¼ c. gold and black sprinkles (or your favorite colors)
- 3 Tablespoons extra caramel sauce
For the milkshake:
- 1 ½ c. vanilla ice cream
- 4 vanilla sandwich cookies
- ¾ c. milk
- 3 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the topping:
- 1/3 c. whipped cream
- 1/3 c. caramel corn
- 2 vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 mini Twix bars
- 2 paper straws
- Whip together the cookie butter and the caramel. Spread it around the rim of a milkshake glass (I used a mason jar).
- Sprinkle the caramel mixture with the sprinkles. It’s ok if they go into the glass!
- Drizzle the additional caramel sauce in the milkshake glass then set aside.
- To make the milkshake combine the vanilla ice cream, sandwich cookies, milk, caramel sauce, and sea salt in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into the prepared glass.
- Top the milkshake with whipped cream. Take a scoop of caramel corn and put it on top of the whipped cream.
- Next, stick the vanilla sandwich cookies in the whipped cream. Then stick the Twix bars into the whipped cream wherever you can find a spot. Finally, stick in the paper straws.
- Enjoy the monster milkshake with your favorite person.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe