At the time of year I feel like I hit the ground running every day at 5:30 am and I fall into bed exhausted at 10pm every night. In between I spend several hours working on my blog, at school teaching, baking holiday treats, working on homemade holiday gifts, and finishing up holiday orders. There are not enough hours in the day during November and December!
Because I do so much baking during the holidays as well as doing all of my normal activities I don't have much time for dinner. I hate the thought of ordering in or eating out more then once or twice a week. That means I've been trying to find the easiest and quickest recipes I can. The only problem is that I'm also trying to find healthy recipes since there are so many temptations at this time of year. Thankfully I'll get some help from this weeks Sunday Supper theme which is Easy Supper Recipes and I'm hosting!
One category of recipes that seems to be quick, easy, and healthy are sheet pan dinners. Have you heard of these? Basically it comes the meat and the vegetables on a sheet pan and it bakes together in the oven. Sometimes herbs and spices are put on top of the food and other times a sauce is made. In general, these sheet pan dinners are ready in 30 minutes start to finish so they are perfect for busy people.
This is such an easy dinner. Basically you just need pork chops, potatoes, and some type of vegetable. I used asparagus but you could use green beans, broccoli, or other vegetables. I put everything on a sheet pan, drizzled it with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and baked. Halfway through cooking I added the ranch seasoning (it's just a packet mix!) and garlic cloves and finished baking. This meal is that easy!
I found the flavor to be really tasty. I was worried it would be too salty but I thought that it was seasoned well and the ranch flavor was not overwhelming. I did think the asparagus got a little too done so next time I would add them in at the halfway point with the ranch and garlic. Otherwise, I loved this meal, the flavor, and the ease of making it!
- 4 boneless pork chops (8 oz each)
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 oz) packet Ranch seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the pork chops and baby potatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the asparagus and garlic to the pan and sprinkle everything with the Ranch seasoning.
- Return to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked through.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes to caramelize the pork chops.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious