Lately I’ve been craving something sweet after dinner. We usually have fruit and yogurt around so many days I’ll just have that but sometimes all I want is a cookie. My go to cookies are chocolate chip but I can only eat those so much before I want to make something else.
The last time I was in the grocery store I noticed that in the baking section they had a bag of s’mores pieces. The bag had chocolate chips, graham cracker cookie pieces, and mini marshmallows. Since I love s’mores I picked up a bag planning on using them to make cookies and this sounded like the perfect time to make them.
I was going to just make my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe and then add in the s’mores pieces instead of chocolate chips but there was a better recipe on the back of the bag. It is packed with butter, brown sugar, s’mores pieces, and chocolate chips. It’s super easy to make.
I made the cookies and put them on the cookie sheet. I couldn’t wait for them to bake up. I was a little surprised when they did that they didn’t spread out much. They mostly kept the round shape which was fine but next time I’ll press down the cookies so they are flatter.
These cookies were delicious. They were sweet, flavorful, and had a distinct s’mores taste to them. I added in additional chocolate chips because I didn’t feel like the bag had enough in them. The cookies were firm on the exterior but soft in the middle which makes for the perfect cookie.
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. milk
- 1¾ c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1½ c. s'mores pieces
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add in the egg, vanilla, and milk and mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the s'mores pieces and chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie batter onto baking sheets by tablespoon and place them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.